Forums » Testimonies

God's got my back

• 6 posts
    November 17, 2015 3:22 PM EST
    Hi~
    I was born in Indina in 1962. I grew up in a difficult family life, I had a brother who died when I was 10. I grieved for him until I was 53, then God gave me the gift of understanding. My parents were both heavy drinkers. Amazing, I turned out to be an alcoholic! I began drinking at a young age and God protected me from many of the consequences of my drinking. I was able to get a nursing degree in 1980 and subsequently joinedthe Air Force. My drinking resulted in my being asked to leave or be court martialed. God again was looking out for me, I was given a choice and chose to resign. I married a man I had met while in the service which had been not as God had planned. It took me 24 years to see that it had been my will, not God's will for that marriage. In 1997 I had a near fatal car accident. I was in a coma for 3 weeks and in the hospital for 3 months. I had a traumatic head injury which resulted in my left side being paralysed, inability to speak, walk, feed myself and do the normal activities of daily living. God had my back, I was never expected to live, talk, walk or have a normal life again. Today I am very active, I am disabled but I work around them instead of them ruling my life. My drinking had continued until 2002 and it has been by God's grace that I have been sober until today. I have many challenges that I face and with God's help I am able to continue my journey as He has planned it.
    • 6 posts
    November 18, 2015 9:44 PM EST
    How inspiring. God must have huge plans for you!!
    • 1 posts
    January 18, 2016 6:33 AM EST

Thank you for sharing you testimony!!!  Our Lord is Faithful and will carry you until he calls us home.  Thank you for sharing!

• 23 posts
    January 18, 2016 10:31 AM EST

God bless you Kath, and I pray that your journey continues to be blessed beyond measure, that Jesus has so many blessings in store for you. You are an inspiration to others and I pray that you continue telling your testimony so that others can see and know that they can overcome any and all things through Jesus Christ.  God bless you.

• 6 posts
    January 23, 2016 1:34 PM EST
    Hi guys! Thank you so much for your prayers and words of support. Just to let you know yesterday was 19 years since the car accident. Our Lord have given me miracles in the years since. Next Saturday I am celebrating 14 years clean and sober!!!!. Again I can only thank the Holy Spirit for making it. I am so excited, but it is just once day at a time. Love and prayers to all~
    Kath
    • 3 posts
    January 31, 2016 8:02 PM EST
    My Lord! Your testimony has some similarities to mine. Not exactly alike, but similar. May God continually bless you. Today and every day.
    • 1 posts
    January 9, 2018 9:50 AM EST
    God is just so great and He share His amazing grace Jesus is Christ