Forums » Testimonies

Always Nearby

• October 18, 2015 11:08 AM EDT

Although this happened 10 years ago, I always share this story with close friends and others who experience the loss of a loved one. My Daddy was diagnosed with leukemia. The doctor gave him three years to live after his diagnosis. The last month of his life was very heartbreaking for him and my family. It got to the point where I would pray to God if you are not going to heal him can you please call him home where he will be in no more pain. Never in my life did I ever imagine I would pray such a thing. God did call my Daddy home and it tore my heart apart. I got to spend the last few minutes with him before he passed away. I spent the night at my parents home with my sisters and Mom. I went to my apartment the following morning to pick up some things that I needed. As I opened my apartment door, there lying on the ground was a devotional card of the Virgin de Guadalupe - My Daddy's name is Guadalupe - and I knew at that very moment it was God and my Daddy reminding me that although he had passed away, he would always be my side. I was so overcome with emotion and I knew at that moment that God would get me through the most difficult time in my life. I miss my Daddy so much, but God always lets me feel his presence everyday whether it be a song on the radio, the smell of flower blossoms, a star in the sky or the sound the Kiskadi bird singing away, and I thank God every morning for allowing to feel my Daddy's presence. It is the best blessing of all.

This post was edited by Laura B. Martinez at October 18, 2015 11:10 AM EDT
    • 6 posts
    November 13, 2015 11:00 PM EST
    I love your testimony. God left you his calling card!
  • November 16, 2015 6:06 AM EST

Even though it was long ago, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with us. God is good to bless us with things he knows will bring comfort. I was a young teenager when my Daddy died. My mom and dad were devorced but trying to reconcile. The night he had a massive heart attack at work, he was on the phone fighting with my mom. they had just finished squabbling and his last words to her was I'll call you in the morning if it's the last thing I do...  then he fell to the ground and my mom was still on the phone. They woke me up that night to tell me. later when I was back in bed I felt someone sitting on my bed and no one was there. It was like my dad came to say goodbye and it would be okay. The next morning at the time my dad said he would call... the phone wrang once and then no more. I believe God gives us the comfort we need in those moments. I don't know if my dad was really sitting on my bed but it gave me comfort and I think God lets us perceive the comfort we need, if that makes since. I don't know if that was my dad trying to call if it was the last thing he did, but my mom felt comfort from it. I miss my dad, but I know he is in good hands. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

This post was edited by David and Dianna Wyles at November 16, 2015 6:08 AM EST