Forums » Testimonies

Answered Prayers

• August 29, 2015 12:47 AM EDT
    I have always had a heart for the broken and lonely. About a year and a half ago I started praying for some kind of opportunity to help homeless people. Last summer I went to a pastor at our church and expressed my desire to help in our community, but it didn't go anywhere. I kept praying about it, but I eventually stopped praying about it, busy with life, the family and work. A full year later I met a lady (it seemed so random at the time) who had been conducting a Park Church for the homeless for the past five years. I asked her who was helping her and she told me noone, just me and my friends at the park. I asked her if I could join them, and since then I have been able to be at the park with the lonely, broken and hungry. I am so grateful that even thou I had forgotten, God never did! He answered my prayers when I seemed to forget.
    The door was opened and now I spend every Tuesday and Thursday mornings with my friends at The Park.
    Thank you Jesus!
    • 275 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:01 PM EDT

Amen, Melissa, He never forgets, He just has the best timing! I love that idea of a church in the park, too, reaching people where they are <3.

• 1 posts
    September 6, 2015 7:55 AM EDT

Amen, Melissa. God is good. He knows when it is time better than we do. A Church in the park is such a great idea.

• 15 posts
    October 14, 2015 1:32 AM EDT
    I love your testimony Melissa !! Thats awesome ! I too have a heart for that ....your story just encouraged me to pray for opperunities like that....ive been out of work for 10 months now, an itsdriving me crazy...i keep reminding gGod that i AM ready, willing an able to work...im NOT a lazy person...lol....but still no answer so I've been makin. All kinds of crafts...in fact , my bbasement. ..aka...workshop is so full i have no more room to make or put anything eles. ...an so im asking God. ...what now ??? Lol...thanx for sharing....youve encourged me. ..:-)
    • 6 posts
    October 15, 2015 11:10 AM EDT

Amen

• 1 posts
    October 21, 2015 4:55 PM EDT

What great testimony.  I would love to do something like this, however, I'm afraid of the areas the homeless hang out.  I have to pray for strength or for another plan.  I Know He will guide me to the destination He wishes for me to serve. 

Bless you Melissa.  

• May 30, 2016 11:02 PM EDT
    Hi friends