Forums » Testimonies

My Testimony

• 1 posts
    August 28, 2015 7:59 AM EDT

I grew up in a dysfunctional home as many others have. My stepdad was an alcoholic and beat my mother up all the time. However, he was saved just a few short years ago and has passed away just over a year ago from a massive heart attack, but he suffered from Fibrosis Of The Lungs and had C.O.P.D. I loved him even though he was abusive in many ways because he has been my dad since I was three years old. I will never forget after he was saved how beautifully he prayed. It is still and probably will always be the sweetest thing I ever have heard was my dad praying. When I became a teenager, I turned very rebellious and started hanging around with the wrong crowd and ended up not only becoming an alcoholic like my dad, but I became addicted to drugs as well and it took many years for me to be able to stop. There was a lady chaplain, Ms. Sue in the jail that would come and see me, when I was in there and one day I let her lead me in a prayer of salvation that changed my life forever. I met my husband in church and we married him a short time later. God literally picked this man up from Georgia brought him to Florida and to the church I was attending and into my life forever. I fell a few more times, but God always pulled me back and never let me go too far and then Neal, my husband stood by me the rest of the way through my struggles and that's been several years now since I last fell. Today I have a lot of medical issues probably from leading such a rough life all those years, but I am happy and blessed! I keep my focus on God and others and He fills my heart with Joy every day. My mom prayed for me for years and I believe to this day that is what drew me to Ms. Sue and my Salvation. My mom was saved when I was around 12. She had been a Catholic all her life and most of her family still are Catholics, but my mom goes to a Baptist church the same as we do and so does my sister and her family. My mom lives with them now. They just had a new house built and it's lovely! We all go to mega churches and love all the resources that are available to us. I continue to study Gods Word every day and there is always something new to learn. Most recently The Lord showed me that materialistic things don't matter. It's about HIM, not stuff. My husband and I are planning on getting rid of most of our things that are just materialistic and start helping those in need as much as we can. I also want to join the jail Ministry at my church. I have been grading Bible studies that prisoners have done and found that very rewarding as I would be touched by their words at times on the studies. I feel I am being lead to do something more, something greater now. To let God reach more people through my witness and my light. I feel an urgency for people to be saved as the end times seem near and want to let God use me to do that very thing.

This post was edited by Sylvia Todd at August 28, 2015 10:12 AM EDT
    • 56 posts
    August 28, 2015 9:53 AM EDT

I am so sorry to hear your struggles. I now know that  God uses our pain for his glory! He will never forsake us! Thanks you for sharing your story. It takes courage. Nothing in your life will ever be wasted. That is God's promise and I am holding him to it. Everything that has be destroyed will be replaced! Much blessing to you on your journey. Just hold on you him!

• 275 posts
    August 28, 2015 10:16 AM EDT

Thank you so much for sharing your story, Rhonda <3. Though you've been through some horrific things, I am awed at how God used all that for good and at how He is leading you into a ministry out of those experiences. Praise Him!

• 2 posts
    August 28, 2015 6:04 PM EDT
    That was a very inspirational story. I really am glad that everything has worked out for you. Stay blessed Rhonda.
    • 4 posts
    August 28, 2015 6:36 PM EDT
    Very touching and inspirational ...It is good to know that the prayers of parents for their children will be answer as we keep faith and hope alive ...May God direct you and your husband to your destiny and purpose in Him ...Blessings and Light
    • 3 posts
    August 28, 2015 6:54 PM EDT

This is the first testamony I have read. Glad to get to know you. I learn more daily aboout How much God not only cares for me, But takes care of me. Praise the Lord. He Loves ME.

This post was edited by Judith Davis at August 28, 2015 6:56 PM EDT
    • 3 posts
    August 29, 2015 7:27 AM EDT

Great Testimony Rhonda. You are Truly Blessed Sister. Thank you so much for taking the time to Share with us! Love and Prayers

• 2 posts
    August 29, 2015 7:57 AM EDT
    I was truly BLESSED by your testimony Rhonda. Thank you for sharing
    • 8 posts
    August 29, 2015 10:10 AM EDT

Wow, how great it is to be a child of God-----Saved in September 2005

Here we go...I was 50 years old, almost 51 (2005), and lived my life, prior to being saved, the way I wanted to live. What a mistake!!! Sin and pride will kill you, if you don’t accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. I thought I knew everything, didn't want to hear any better, didn't want to go to church, I could pray at home....and on and on. I wasted a lot of valuable time that could have been spent serving the Lord!

Here I was, at that time, 50 yrs. old, no job and many addictions; a second failed marriage....didn't know what to do. I had tried to quit the addictions, but gotten really sick.  And now I had no money to support my habits.  I knew no special prayer or words to say to be born-again.  I didn’t even know what that meant! So, I just said to God, "God, I can't do this anymore. I need your help!!!!  I have made a mess of my life and I’m so sorry." Well, when the Word says, whosoever shall call upon HIS name (Romans 10:13), shall be saved, it is TRUE!!!!!  This took place in the living room of my old broken down trailer!

At that moment, my heart changed. I could not stop crying. I desperately wanted to go to Sunday school, church, read God’s Word, the whole nine yards. I was a new person on the inside. One addiction at the time dropped off. No sickness, no withdrawals, none!!!! In one month 4 addictions were gone!!  Praise the Lord!

I was baptized. I still thank everyone for their prayers...I know now, that God does hear our prayers. He has demonstrated that time and time again, since I was saved.  God has showed me, over and over again, that I can depend and rely on HIM and HIM alone!!!

Those that knew me before my salvation can be witnesses to the changes HE did in me, from the inside out. Halleluia. I tell everyone, Jesus is the ULTIMATE "high."

So, now, I’m saved, I'm an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Jesus. My Father has prepared me a mansion in Heaven so that I can be with HIM through all eternity!!!  What more can a girl ask for??!!!~~~~

I plead with those that don't know Him, to please, please, take Jesus up on HIS offer.  HE offers us the free gift of Salvation, which is the only way we can be in Heaven with our Heavenly Father.   We, however, MUST make the decision to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior!!!!  It will be the best decision you will ever make!!!  GUARANTEED!!!!

• 3 posts
    January 9, 2016 6:57 AM EST

I truly enjoyed reading this Sis. I smiled from ear to ear, knowing the same feeling and experience I had being born again. I hope and Pray that you are still enjoying the Love that we know when we realize that we really do belong to God through Our Lord Jesus Christ :) Love and Prayers!

• 2 posts
    February 9, 2016 11:59 AM EST
    Thank you all for such wonderful testimonies. I know that God loves me and can change my life. I really truly in my heart trust the Lord to guide my footsteps. I am willing to be patient and wait on the Lord. I know he has to prepare me for every task. I know God Knows my heart and I just want to please him and help others in the world he leads me to by the millions.
    • 8 posts
    February 16, 2016 9:12 AM EST

God bless ya, Brad. We never have to worry about God doing HIS part!!!!  HE is a faithful God, always!

• 2 posts
    April 27, 2016 2:50 PM EDT

You are a true testament to what God does in our lives.  Unlike you, I came from a very loving home.  No fighting, no misery...just unconditional love.  I was involved in an accident that caused extreme back pain.  I couldn't work and was put into the hospital where I was pronounced 100% disabled.  My surgeon came into my room after a surgery and solemly told me I'd probably never walk again, and certainly would never run again...at this time I was 20 years old.  The pain was excrutiating, so they had me on "horse pills" to kill the pain.  After awhile, they stopped working, so I started drinking to dull the pain...and on and on.

I always think of Psalms 23 verse 4, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."  I walked through that valley...daily.  At times, I felt like I was on a one-man trek.  My parents prayed hard for me.  My church prayed hard for me.  I didn't care...I needed relief.

One day, I had been to a bar and had been drinking from about 5PM until 2AM...and was still "sober" enough that I was very well under control.  I met a fellow who could hardly walk straight and asked what was his issue...he'd had about a 6pack of beer.  I started thinking and said I must have had a case (24).  He didn't believe me, so we went back the following day and asked the lady behind the bar.  She said she lost count at 27.  Now that is a ton of beer.  The only reason I went into this discussion is that I belive that God spoke to me at that point.  I felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck and said that is the last time I will ever do that.

I gave my life back to God and asked Him to guide my steps.  I put my mind to it and actually entered the Air Force, and served 21+ years and retired.  This from someone who probably wouldn't walk, and certainly would never run.

God can take someone from the depth and raise them to the heights.  I'm still on my way up...some day I will see my mom and dad again...in Heaven.  Praise God!

• 8 posts
    April 27, 2016 5:46 PM EDT

Amen, Paul, Amen....I, too, have met HIM--Jesus!  HE is MORE THAN ABLE!!!  God bless you!  Thank you for serving our country so we can still be free!

• 8 posts
    April 27, 2016 5:49 PM EDT

Thanks Norman...I just saw your post..God is good all the time and all the time God is good! YEAH!

• 8 posts
    April 30, 2016 9:48 PM EDT

Awesome testimony, Rhonda! I often see that our struggles in life are sometimes what they are supposed to be. Meaning that if we did not have these times, no matter how small or big, we would not have the purpose or purposes, God has put us here for. I have family that participates in Jail ministry and it is rewarding. So happy to read that you and your family progress in life as you all have! Blessings!