Forums » Testimonies

Car help from God

• 4 posts
    August 27, 2015 11:46 AM EDT

God helped me with a newer car last March as well. I had smashed up my 2003 Pontiac Montana 3.4L van while I was driving distracted because of going through a messy divorce. For several years I drove a small 2003 Mazda Protege with a 1.6L engine in it. My 3 kids were getting bigger and the car was making lots of noise and I was afraid it would break down on the road. I didn't have any family to ask to look at it for me, so I started to ask men I knew and they either said flat out no or they just ignored my email requests to them.

After feeling quite upset that everyone was ignoring me. I got really desparate and remembered a while ago that I had prayed a year prior that I had asked God for a newer car. I thought maybe it was too big of a request to pray for. I mean, how could I afford a newer car? I wasn't even sure if the bank would give me a loan since I had to pay for mortgage and a consolidated loan to pay for the extra mortgage payments so I could keep my house after the marriage was over.

But then I felt that maybe the reason no one was even looking to help me fix my car was because it was time to dream bigger and pray for a newer car. So I prayed even harder for a newer car. I went to the bank and was surprised that they told me I could get a $18,000 loan for a newer car. They told me I was good with making my other payments and a good customer. So then I went about researching for a car. I didn't know what I could buy. I didn't know much about cars either. So I basically asked men that I knew and trusted, what I should get. They told me that I should research it even though I knew nothing about cars. I remembered how I used to look at Toyotas and think how expensive they were. I knew I needed a bigger car than what I had currently for my 3 growing kids. My oldest is 15 and he eats twice as much as me. I wanted to go camping with my kids and have enough room to pack things in the back and be able to pull a tent trailer that I borrow from my ex-husband. So I researched really long and hard. I learned a lot about cars and asked questions to men I knew. The women I asked didn't know much about cars so I stopped asking them. I felt really alone in doing all this research.

I went to the Toyota dealership and saw some Toyotas that were really expensive, but I managed to find a nice looking good Toyota Venza that was just the right price and was also in better shape then the expensive ones. I remembered how I had told my friend I could never afford a Venza since they were really fancy and expensive. Well, God provided in a big way for me and he found a way for me to buy a Venza! It is the size of my old van and I really missed my old van a lot. I went to the dealership by myself to make the deal which was scary too. But I had a good ex-husband who even though he remarried 2 years ago, could see how stressed out I was about making the deal, he allowed me to call him 10 times that day to help me go through the steps of buying a new car. I was grateful for his help. I was grateful that God had also taught me to forgive him for leaving me for another woman so I could have his help when I had no one else to ask for help in making the car deal.

Every time for months after that, I would walk into my 4 year old Venza and wonder in amazement how God provided for me and my family in such a big way. It is hard to ignore a big provision like that! I learned from this that you can pray BIG and God can provide in BIG ways more than you can ever imagine he will! After this, my ex-husband came and picked up my old Mazda and told me that all that was wrong with the car was that it needed a new alternator and belt. He came with a big trailer and picked up the Mazda. He is fixing it for our son to take driver's ed starting next month. I never thought I could ask my ex-husband for help. But God has proved that even people who hurt you deeply, you can have a different kind of relationship with. I won't say it was easy to get to this point with my ex-husband, but it is getting better than it used to be. God can help you in many ways you can't even imagine and if you let him, he will show you!

This post was edited by Sylvia Todd at August 27, 2015 12:07 PM EDT
    • 275 posts
    August 27, 2015 11:56 AM EDT

Thank you so much for sharing that wonderful testimony, Sylvia! I love how multi-layered God's plans are! He not only blessed you with a better car than you even asked for, He was able to help you grow in confidence, and help heal an important relationship! Praise Him!

• 137 posts
    August 27, 2015 4:52 PM EDT

Excellent story! Thank you for sharing!

• 6 posts
    November 18, 2015 9:39 PM EST
    I loved your story Sylvia! God is so amazing how he cares for our needs and in this case even your "wants" of the particular car!! I'm very happy for you and pray big blessings continue to happen for you and your family
    • 4 posts
    November 20, 2015 10:00 AM EST

Thanks Suzy! God sure does provide. Sometimes more than we ever can imagine! I pray that you have many blessings in your life and for your family too! We stand together and can support each other in this life here through Refreshing Hope Ministries. I hope you have found the support here that you need. They sure are a loving family here. :-) Take care!

• December 10, 2015 6:04 PM EST
    Thank you Sylvia for sharing your story. You have helped me to realize that it doesn't matter how big we feel what we need is,it isn't too large for God to handle.
    • 4 posts
    January 5, 2016 11:39 AM EST

Nice to hear from you Elaine! Glad you found the story helpful. Dream big! He is a big God that loves to give gifts to His children!

• 2 posts
    January 10, 2016 2:42 AM EST

I can't get this one testimony out of my head. I have read one recently.....I don't remember the name of who he is.But it was about  black marine.The sgt was always picking on him, his fellow peers would pick on him also.They all picked on him because he was a believer.And he also didn't know how to drive a car.So the sgt one time handed this marine the keys to his car,and told him to go pull it around and park it at another place i don;t remember where it was he had told him to move it too. The marine said sir you know i can't drive. Well the sgt said yeah I know but if your God is as miraculous as u say he is, he will show u.So he went and started the car up and moved it i think he told him to move it.But anyway when the guy came back to give the sgt back his keys him the sgt and everyone else were litterally crying. The the marine asked what the matter was, and the sgt said that the engine in the car had been taken out,they wanted to pull a prank on the marine, where as God pulled one miracle back on the sgt and peers.

This post was edited by Trish Hicks at January 10, 2016 2:44 AM EST
    • 4 posts
    January 11, 2016 9:56 AM EST

Hi Trish,

That was totally how it was for me too. God showed me and it was hard to ignore such a big car. When God shows up, he can show up in a big way sometimes. Other times he has showed up in a whisper. The big times like this when he shows up is a lot more fun I have to say too. Thunder, lightening, fireworks type of miracles are amazing when they happen, for sure! I have come to appreciate both kinds in the last few months. Learning how to be still and listen is something I am still working on in myself. I am kind of talkative so it isn't always easy for me! LOL! :-)

Blessings all coming your way!

Sylvia