Forums » Testimonies

Welcome!

• 275 posts
    August 27, 2015 11:41 AM EDT

Welcome to the Testimonies forum! This is a place where you can share what our amazing God has done in your life!

• 4 posts
    August 27, 2015 1:52 PM EDT
    I came to the Lord through being picked up by a local church bus. My parents were broken people with no visible understanding of true Christian love. Our home was full of everything but love. My earliest memory of abuse was at age three. I experienced every form of abuse that lasted until age 18. My Christian grandmother who loved me dearly was praying and while she never knew the truth of the horrific abuse God entered my life when in desperation I turned to Him. The only love that I had to hold onto in my home was reading the words in my Gideon Bible. I received Christ and went to church whenever anyone offered to take me. I was baptized after and began learning scripture and read my KJV Bible when I hid in my room.This is when I memorized the Word. God didn't take me put of the abuse ...he brought me through it. I prayed for 25 years for my parents and forgave them knowing the answer lies in salvation. I took care of both of them when they got cancer at seperate times in a 5 year span while working 6 days a week and raising a family. God answered my prayers and they both received salvation and waiting on me in heaven. God kept my heart sweet so that I could help those like me ...especially children to help and aid them in similar circumstances or worse. I began teaching Sunday School at age 16 ...served as Youth Minister ...voted Mother of the Year in local church ..served on several committees and boards ...taught in public schools ...currently founder and creator of ministry serving over 4000 and writing several books about to be published. I know nothing is impossible with God because I am a living witness. The Lord gave me beauty for ashes and words cannot express my love and passion for the Lord. I look daily for opportunities to share His love with others. I embrace those who are full of His Spirit. My testimony is that there is nothing good in me but Jesus. He has and still is making a broken child perfect through His great love. I press to do more in the days ahead as the curtains begin to close ...and our soon homecoming nears. There are many chapters that went into the creating of my testimony but this one is the one that started my first steps on my path to fulfill His will.
    • 275 posts
    August 27, 2015 1:56 PM EDT

That is a beautiful testimony, Carolyn, thank you! There are not many who could forgive abuse like that, but with Him, anything is possible!

• 56 posts
    August 27, 2015 5:39 PM EDT

When I read your story earlier about your family, it was so similar to my own, I was speechless. It brought back memories.  I could feel your pain. Yes now I understand about the ashes.  Thank you for making me feel less alone. 

• 4 posts
    August 28, 2015 10:26 AM EDT
    Thank you Kay for your support and encouragement ...I understand about triggers and flashbacks...I only share if it's needed to help another or to give praise to the Lord for how He set me free ...I welcome and treasure the understanding of those who are survivors and overcomers ...I fill my life now with all beautiful things and people ...I love laughter and those who enjoy joyful living ...I press in to be there for children and adults who are and have been traumatized so that what the enemy meant for my harm will now be the tools to help others who are chained and bound ...Blessings and Light
    • 56 posts
    August 28, 2015 10:39 AM EDT

Yes Carolyn, God wants Joy for us! Our Stories are to help others!  What's for Dinner is a great idea. Blessing to you for bringing some fun.

• 2 posts
    August 29, 2015 8:03 AM EDT
    What an AWESOME testimony of how GOD can turn around what the devil meant for bad! Thank you for sharing!
  • August 29, 2015 8:22 AM EDT

Beauty rises from the ashes! Our God is a wondrous God, a God of unending love. What a wonderful tribute to your grandmother who held you up prayer all those years without even knowing the extent of your circumstances. As we look back on our lives, we see how very great is the love that our God has for His children. Thank you for sharing. God bless you as you continue in His service.

• August 29, 2015 1:36 PM EDT

Carolyn your testimony is beautiful.  I agree with Sylvia that there are not many who could forgive abuse like that, but with Him, anything is possible!  I honestly don't know if I were in your situation growing up if I ever could.  Although when I think about it, my first hubby had an alcohol problem and was verbally abusive when he drank.  I did forgive him after our divorce and actually prayed he would find sobriety and we would get back together, (he was an awesome man when he didn't drink) but, it never happened.  He passed away 10 years ago and from what I know he never quit drinking.  I remarried after he did and my husband doesn't have a drinking problem and we never argue with each other, it's peaceful.  However, I do pray that he will find Jesus.  He says he believes but has doubts...like doubting Thomas.  I pray all his doubts will disappear.  Thank you for sharing your testimony and God Bless.

• 275 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:08 PM EDT

Karen, I'm so sorry about your first husband, I know that must have been such a trial. I pray that God will touch the heart of your new husband and draw him to the Lord with His relentless love <3.

• August 30, 2015 11:23 AM EDT

Thank you so much Sylvia, my first husband and I were married 27 years before our divorce, just couldn't watch him slowly kill himself anymore, so yes it was a trial, but I made it thru with God's help.  Thank you for the prayer for my new husband, I pray for him everyday.  May God Bless you and yours.

• 10 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:48 PM EDT

[blockquote]Carolyn Douglas said: I came to the Lord through being picked up by a local church bus. My parents were broken people with no visible understanding of true Christian love. Our home was full of everything but love. My earliest memory of abuse was at age three. I experienced every form of abuse that lasted until age 18. My Christian grandmother who loved me dearly was praying and while she never knew the truth of the horrific abuse God entered my life when in desperation I turned to Him. The only love that I had to hold onto in my home was reading the words in my Gideon Bible. I received Christ and went to church whenever anyone offered to take me. I was baptized after and began learning scripture and read my KJV Bible when I hid in my room.This is when I memorized the Word. God didn't take me put of the abuse ...he brought me through it. I prayed for 25 years for my parents and forgave them knowing the answer lies in salvation. I took care of both of them when they got cancer at seperate times in a 5 year span while working 6 days a week and raising a family. God answered my prayers and they both received salvation and waiting on me in heaven. God kept my heart sweet so that I could help those like me ...especially children to help and aid them in similar circumstances or worse. I began teaching Sunday School at age 16 ...served as Youth Minister ...voted Mother of the Year in local church ..served on several committees and boards ...taught in public schools ...currently founder and creator of ministry serving over 4000 and writing several books about to be published. I know nothing is impossible with God because I am a living witness. The Lord gave me beauty for ashes and words cannot express my love and passion for the Lord. I look daily for opportunities to share His love with others. I embrace those who are full of His Spirit. My testimony is that there is nothing good in me but Jesus. He has and still is making a broken child perfect through His great love. I press to do more in the days ahead as the curtains begin to close ...and our soon homecoming nears. There are many chapters that went into the creating of my testimony but this one is the one that started my first steps on my path to fulfill His will.[/blockquote]

• 10 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

Beautiful, amazing testamony, Carolyn! I hope your story inspires others in your life and may God's blessings be with you and everyone you encounter! Thanks so much for sharing!

• 10 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:51 PM EDT

[blockquote]Karen Pasquinelli said:

Carolyn your testimony is beautiful.  I agree with Sylvia that there are not many who could forgive abuse like that, but with Him, anything is possible!  I honestly don't know if I were in your situation growing up if I ever could.  Although when I think about it, my first hubby had an alcohol problem and was verbally abusive when he drank.  I did forgive him after our divorce and actually prayed he would find sobriety and we would get back together, (he was an awesome man when he didn't drink) but, it never happened.  He passed away 10 years ago and from what I know he never quit drinking.  I remarried after he did and my husband doesn't have a drinking problem and we never argue with each other, it's peaceful.  However, I do pray that he will find Jesus.  He says he believes but has doubts...like doubting Thomas.  I pray all his doubts will disappear.  Thank you for sharing your testimony and God Bless.

[/blockquote]

• 10 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:54 PM EDT

Karen, I feel for you and know exactly what you mean. I also divorced my husband because of his drinking. I blamed myself for his problem, because he only started drinking after I was raped in 1996. Today, we reconciled and Bob continues to live with me--he's still very supportive and kind when he isn't drinking. and I can only take life one day at a time. I am so glad you found peace in your current marraige! God bless you both!

• 3 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:03 AM EDT

Great Testimony Carolyn! Thank you for sharing your Heart with Us. You Rock Girl!!

• 4 posts
    August 31, 2015 9:38 AM EDT
    Blessings to all of you for your support and encouragement...I think the beauty and love of Christ can repair everything ever broken if we will give it to Him ...We come into the world with a perfect spirit but life often shatters it along the way ...The Lord scoops us up and covers us and fixes all that was damaged ...I think the thing that I learned most was not to question God's methods but to assure myself that God loves me and when it's His time ...He will change things ...Thank you again for sharing your warm thoughts and love!
    • 1 posts
    September 2, 2015 11:01 AM EDT

[blockquote]Carolyn Douglas said: Thank you Kay for your support and encouragement ...I understand about triggers and flashbacks...I only share if it's needed to help another or to give praise to the Lord for how He set me free ...I welcome and treasure the understanding of those who are survivors and overcomers ...I fill my life now with all beautiful things and people ...I love laughter and those who enjoy joyful living ...I press in to be there for children and adults who are and have been traumatized so that what the enemy meant for my harm will now be the tools to help others who are chained and bound ...Blessings and Light [/blockquote]   i too have been traumatized throughout my life in many different ways and just learning to give all my fears, chains, worrries, everything to him and completely lean on him and not on my own ways of trying to overcome all of it.... thank you so much for your testimonies they are helping me. God BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!! AND THANK YOU . 

• 56 posts
    September 2, 2015 11:29 AM EDT

We are all on this journey to share our stories, if it can help just one person, it will be worth it. We all deal with something, been through something. I do believe in the war for our souls. We have to keep encouraging each other on this journey. We know the end of God's plan for us. In the mean time we need to find peace in God's word. Be encourged.

• October 28, 2015 7:29 AM EDT

What an inspiring testimony! You are a light in a dark and broken world! Praise God for carrying you through. I had a broken family although we had love there too... my dad was an alcoholic and there was definately abuse of various degrees, my mom was struggling with emotional and mental issues of her own that I did not know about or understand.. she was suicidal and bipolar but I was a kid and didnt understand until years later, in fact not until last year when we helplessly watched my daughter suffer through a bipolar pyschosis for months before she accepted the help she desprately needed. We all prayed and prayed! I know it was answered prayers that lead her to healing and I praise God everyday for her clarity of mind now, and it changed my whole perspective about my childhood and my mom. Even though it was a horrible experience to go through, I wouldn't change it because I learned very valubale life lessons and so did my daughter,(really my whole family learned alot about mental illness) she is getting stronger in her mind and better every day. Our life experiences make us who we are today. God will always lead us through what ever comes our way and bring a glorious tesimony from life's tests. Thank you for sharing such an encouraging story of faith enduring and God's healing touch. May you be blessed, refreshed, and prospered in our Heavenly Fathers hands.

• 4 posts
    November 22, 2015 10:03 PM EST

At  three years old I got  taken from my parents my mom had brain damage  from planecrash and my dad was aloclol so at three Iran down the street and police officers brought back saw living conditon me my sister lived in and well learning diabilty still do.  Iwent go live with two fosterparent could not convied a child then when Iwas five well little me sister joannie now had anther little sister welll eight Ialways wanted a brother well that christmas my dream came true Igot baby brother see wewereat nanie house and on christmas eve my got call or pick up baby boy who been born day before to mother who used drugs the whole pregance and well are house usally had two toddler orababy and toddler or two toddlers  and baby taht were fosterchildren my mom tookcareof well at ten my dad decide he teach something new as taught aboutsex when alll fell asleep in living room on friday night but me that would be first night of many more times of megrowing up before was ready who teenager girlwould become was someone wantwear   well Igottaken away wentschool and actout they qusted why good girlwas not listen that was unlike me then asked so Heide are you having sex Isaid yes my dad then got picked up by policethat day .Adult clootes and sixteen Ilied about being and last two years went stay grouphome where go to school outside but struggled with lust cute guy like turned bad choce on my part sexaully Idid not understand thatshould proble build relatship fistwhoops because at seventeen Igave virgaen away and messed around two other boys werefosterhoomewhoops Ifelt so dirty wish Ihad not went ther wishing hoping my sits whowere younger would not feelow in mybad choices. well thermoretell later atfourteen became writer of poems something still do now .

• November 23, 2015 2:32 AM EST
    You have overcome much Heide. Praise God for bringing you through. Prayers and blessings to you.
    • 1 posts
    October 29, 2016 6:04 PM EDT

Back in 2009 I was told I had only 2 weeks to live.I was dy from liver failure.I got on a transplant list. I was only on the list 3 weeks when I got a transplant.When I got home after the transplant I felt like God had a hand in it.I had not been going to church or seeking God for 25 years.I started Searching for God only to find he was sitting in my heart waiting for me all along.I had Hep C and they wanted me to do treatments about a year after my transplant.I started having this feeling that somebody was watching me.Every time I looked around to see who I never saw anybody.This feeling went on for about 2 weeks.One saturday morning just before daylight I was out jogging and the feeling was very strong.I felt like Jesus was watching me.As soon as that thought came in my mind I looked and seen my shadow on the ground and noticed another shadow behind it.I turned to look over my sholder and saw Jesus jogging right behind me about to put his hand on my shoulder.It scared me and I fell.Got up and he was gone.Sunday morning in church while we were standing and singing I ask God to help me with my treatments.I immediately started getting hot inside.Sweat started pouring off of me.My knees got week and I had to sit down.They had to carry me out of the church.When I got home I felt great and went back to church for second service.I felt like God had done something so I went to doctor and ask for blood test for Hep C.Doctor said that was useless cause it was an incurable disease.I convinced him to do it anyway.Results came back negative--no Hep C.Doc said that was a false reading and wanted to do it again.Results came back negative again.Doc says impossible.The twsted me every 3 months for a year.Results negative no Hep C.God wants you to ask him for help.But some of us are so stubborn he has to chase us down. I was amazed Jesus could run that fast in those sandals. My biggest regret is that I did not let him put his hand on my shoulder.This is only one miracle he has done for me.He has given me about six over the last 4 years.GOD IS WONDERFUL.If you take my heart out and lay it on a table and cut it into a thousand peices the nam JESUS will be on each and every peice because my heart belongs to Jesus

• 275 posts
    October 29, 2016 6:09 PM EDT

Buddy, thank you so much for responding to my request so quickly :)! Your testimony is amazing!

[blockquote]Buddy Kelley said:

Back in 2009 I was told I had only 2 weeks to live.I was dy from liver failure.I got on a transplant list. I was only on the list 3 weeks when I got a transplant.When I got home after the transplant I felt like God had a hand in it.I had not been going to church or seeking God for 25 years.I started Searching for God only to find he was sitting in my heart waiting for me all along.I had Hep C and they wanted me to do treatments about a year after my transplant.I started having this feeling that somebody was watching me.Every time I looked around to see who I never saw anybody.This feeling went on for about 2 weeks.One saturday morning just before daylight I was out jogging and the feeling was very strong.I felt like Jesus was watching me.As soon as that thought came in my mind I looked and seen my shadow on the ground and noticed another shadow behind it.I turned to look over my sholder and saw Jesus jogging right behind me about to put his hand on my shoulder.It scared me and I fell.Got up and he was gone.Sunday morning in church while we were standing and singing I ask God to help me with my treatments.I immediately started getting hot inside.Sweat started pouring off of me.My knees got week and I had to sit down.They had to carry me out of the church.When I got home I felt great and went back to church for second service.I felt like God had done something so I went to doctor and ask for blood test for Hep C.Doctor said that was useless cause it was an incurable disease.I convinced him to do it anyway.Results came back negative--no Hep C.Doc said that was a false reading and wanted to do it again.Results came back negative again.Doc says impossible.The twsted me every 3 months for a year.Results negative no Hep C.God wants you to ask him for help.But some of us are so stubborn he has to chase us down. I was amazed Jesus could run that fast in those sandals. My biggest regret is that I did not let him put his hand on my shoulder.This is only one miracle he has done for me.He has given me about six over the last 4 years.GOD IS WONDERFUL.If you take my heart out and lay it on a table and cut it into a thousand peices the nam JESUS will be on each and every peice because my heart belongs to Jesus

[/blockquote]

• November 25, 2016 11:22 AM EST

Over the years of fiving like there was no tomorrow and putting my life at risk like so many of my pre-WWII gen trying to see how far I could run away from God ~ a friend in Recovery told me: "Your arms are too short to box with GOD!   I found HIM throrugh reading the Book of Instructions, which I still pursue regularly for Wisdom and Guidance.  He appeared to me on Christmas Morning about 3:00am.  Like promised in His WORD, my heart broke reviewing and reliving my sinful past!   I cried for over three hours in my fold down Murphy bed in my small one room apartment, that became wet with tears.   I learned God can melt any guilt ridden sinful heart through the mystery of his WORD as HIS SPIRIT entered and cleansed me in a way with thoroughhness and completed my transformation into the Kingdom.  I am relating this story now for those, like me trapped in the hopelessness and wearyness of lives wasted in chasing the elusive dream that by ourselves; human effort can avail nothing, but grief and hopelessness.   All of my life I had struggled alone without anything but a fierce determination to be independent and free from worldly constraints; even breaking the Laws of God and Man to achieve it.  After that day to the present I have had nearly forty years to live the life of a Christian, humbly changing ever so slowly into the New Creature that HIS WORD tells me will be the glorious product of that Salvation.  The longer I live in HIM, the more I am amazed at HIS MERCY and GOODNESS in completing the task HE set out to perform.  I have real choices and freedom today to FOLLOW HIM in my weakness to simply do HIS WILL EACH DAY, standing in the alcove of the Great Hall of a thing I can not see, but believe is there for me if I remain vigilant and trusing in HIS PLAN for my LIFE!