Forums » Testimonies

INTERVENTION

• 459 posts
    August 14, 2022 12:23 PM EDT

INTERVENTION

INTERVENTION is a  forum that  is open to all people in the MINISTRY . It’s about how GOD showed up in your life not necessarily miracles but yes them too Nothing is to small to share if it’s your experience. I created this TOPIC/SUBJECT so we could all see GOD working in others lives. Therefore encouraging us when we have our own CRISIS OF BELIEF when we needed our LORD to show. Others may have experiences that seem impossible or made up. I’ve found GOD LOVES to show us He’s the GOD of the INFINITE but also the FINITE. I’m hoping this will encourage us to function in that rarified place called BELIEF (Faith without doubt) I’ve been involved in KINGDOM BUILDING Primary as EVANGELIST n secondary but as needed Pastor/Shepard and will share things that will seem amazingly unbelievable. Each event that happened to me just made me eagerly await the next event. I ask again to all in at least in my sphere of influence will join me in sharing. Blessings One Love PD

This post was edited by Daryl Page at April 15, 2023 2:58 PM EDT
    • 459 posts
    August 15, 2022 5:45 AM EDT

INTERVENTION
    Many years ago when my dad was alive we went to a Fathers Son Banquet. The speaker made this huge proclamation. He said if you become committed/addicted to the building if the KINGDOM you would see things no one else will ever see. I sat there young and just starting the LIGHTHOUSE and didn’t see where nor why I’d leave what I was doing. I talked to one of my mentors he said Daryl you have to let GOD take /use you wherever whenever HE desires. It Will Give You A Different PERSPECTIVE. So I did. Now the reason for this opining.
    im going to start a new TOPIC I’m going to call it INTERVENTION. Here’s what I’d hope and ask for all those in the FAMILY OF GOD would also be part of this Forum Another words tell us when GOD showed up in a WAY least expected but needed (even if we couldn’t understand it totally you just know you were part of a DEVINE APPOINTMENT. I
    iF ANYONE THINKS A GOOD IDEA and WOULD BE PART OF THIS TELL YES and then we can start putting this ALBUM TOGETHER. I’ll wait a few days to see WHO in My FAMILY OF GOD will join me. I’ll start and once you feel comfortable then you to can SHARE your EXPERIENCEs This way we get to see a bigger part of the KINGDOM BUILDING PUZZLE. I’m excited to see what GOD did for you when you most needed HIM or didn’t see GOD coming
    We all serve a mighty GOD who LOVES us and because of this WE ALL HAVE SEEN GOD SHOW UP IN A UNEXPECTED WAY. I do hope that you all will join me in the making of this album. INTERVENTION. Thank you a head of time. Blessings One Love PD  

• 459 posts
    August 15, 2022 5:47 AM EDT

This was posted by my dear friend and sister Lynn Brown
    It was originally posted on my page However I felt it important enough to move it to here.

Father God has showed up many times for me when I needed Him. Specifically when I was out of work and needed a job. One would come through at the last minute just when I was starting to really worry about my situation. This has happened a couple of times in my life. Also with health issues when I worried about an abnormal test it turned out to be nothing. He helped me as I raised my daughter as a single mother. And in finding Refreshing Hope when I didn't have a church home and was praying to find one and here I am THANK YOU Lynn for being the first to post on this NEW FORUM. Blessings One Love PD

• 459 posts
    August 15, 2022 5:50 AM EDT

INTERVENTION.

THE  PENNY 

Let me start with what some would call a small intervention others wouldn’t recognize it as anything. I entitled it THE PENNY to share with you. Years ago I had taken my daughter to the Dairy Queen. As she went through the line to get her a strawberry sundae. The price was $1.01. I was standing with my back to the line looking down at my feet shaking my head thinking is this guy really going to make her break another dollar bill for the penny and give her $.99 back. So I turn to look at my daughter and I begin to reach in my pocket to pull out another dollar. I again shaking my head looked back down on the floor and in between my feet was a penny. YES A penny just the amount of money I needed in order to pay for this strawberry sundae I know it wasnt there a few seconds ago I’m telling you it wasn’t. I sinced something had happened but didn’t have an idea what though. However as I began to reach down somewhat not grasping the gravity of the moment almost not believing what I was seeing that something had already happened. My point I could’ve given her the dollar. Yet the Lord was still teaching me many things as a young Pastor . The thing I learned this day was that God is interested in the FINITE It doesn’t get any smaller than a penny. I have other times and I will share with you where money also came in to play. However that money was much larger. I want to think Lynn Brown for being the
    first one to join me on this TOPIC I call INTERVENTION.
    I will continue to post on this place here and I guess it will just be an ongoing post until nobody posts anymore.
    I NOW TURN THE PAGE OVER TO THE MINISTRY. CONSIDER YOURSELVES TAGGED IN. Remember there’s nothing to small nor to big to not be posted. It’s your experience with our LORD. I leave you with this. ONLY as encouragement not in anyway to discourage or disparage anyone. JESUS said if you do not confess me (what he did/does.) before man. I will not confess you to the FATHER.
    Blessings. One. Love PD  less

This post was edited by Daryl Page at October 24, 2022 8:13 AM EDT
    • 275 posts
    August 15, 2022 9:50 AM EDT

Hello PD, thank you for starting this topic on Intervention! I agree that it's important to know that God cares about everything in our lives, even down to matters that may seem unimportant, even to us :)! 

When I think of the word "intervention", I think of the idea of changing direction, so I'll post a testimony along that line. As background, our general approach to bigger decisions is we pray about, and either 1) we hear something, or 2) we don't hear anything :D. Often, we have a direction that we are already pointing in, so we include in our prayer that if we don't hear anything, we're going to do such and such. 

So, several years ago, before we started RHM, we were "in between churches" and decided that it was time to find a new local church. We had a couple of churches in mind, and picked one of them on a Saturday afternoon. I'm sure there were reasons, but apparently not compelling enough to recall :D. 

That night, the Lord sent us each a dream. In my dream, we were at the other church; the one we didn't pick. We were sitting in the congregation and the pastor of that church was at the podium, but I knew in the dream that it was Jesus. He was assigning jobs, and in the midst of it, looked directly at me, said my name and assigned my job. I recall that my reaction in the dream was "Wow, he knows my name!", lol :D. In Dion's dream, he was at our previous church, which he had attended for many years, and saying good-bye to them.

Based on what He showed us, we went to the other church that morning, instead of the one we had originally picked. His hand was in it immediately, with the presence of the Holy Spirit, and with friendships and connections we continue to value today. A few years later, when the Lord showed us the vision for RHM, we were a little discouraged at the idea of what it would take to form a non-profit, because it sounded cumbersome, and discussed that on the way to church one Sunday. The pastor who greeted us at the door brought it up immediately, though we had not particularly discussed it, and was a key person in making the process happen painlessly.

Without God's intervention, none of that would have happened, at least not in the way that it did, and probably a lot less gracefully. As I'm sure we all know, His plans are always best!

• 19 posts
    August 15, 2022 12:11 PM EDT

I do not like to drive any more but I had to take my daughter to a special youth function at church couple days ago. One of the kids she's known since they were 9 years old attempted suicide a few weeks ago and they brought in a counselor to talk to the kids (he was included) about mental health and taking care of themselves. I was sitting in the parking lot because I did not want to have to drive home and back as our church is a pretty good drive away. (I am going to find a closer one after my daughter graduates from the youth program in just a few days.) Anyway, a woman approached my car and she was heavyset and obviously very hot and exhausted. I thought she would ask for money, but instead, she asked me if I knew how to get to the Dorcas House. That is a local shelter for women and children who are running from abuse at home. I asked her to sit in my car, which I NEVER do for anyone because I'm usually scared. But I could tell she was desperate and was near tears. As soon as she sat down in the AC, she burst into sobs. While she told me her story, I handed her my drink and she sucked it down so quickly. Turns out she had taken a bus from Memphis and had no idea where to go. No kids or family to run to. She was a diabetic and her husband of 12 years had taken to hiding her meds as "punishment" and had been abusing her for years, and she finally got the nerve to leave but had no money and nowhere to go. She had borrowed someone's cell phone and had already talked to the Dorcas House and made arrangements to be picked up at a grocery store that was a designated "safe place." (They don't want anyone just dropping people off.) But she had no way to get there. I sent a text to my daughter and she sent one of the adults from church outside. He brought water and snacks, and we took her to the "safe place" where they helped us call for a ride. He even gave her $30. She was crying so hard. She was a heavyset black woman and not the standard "image" of a victim of domestic abuse. I want to call and check on her but I know from experience that they will only take a message and will not even confirm that she is there for obvious reasons. (The Dorcas House has been doing this for more than a minute.) I just wanted to share with someone because it really affected me. I have SO MANY issues, physically and mentally, and it was a reminder that suffering is everywhere. I am glad I was sitting there in my car even though I did NOT want to be there. God used it as a chance to help another human. The man who drove is a very nice, rather wealthy gentleman who had NO IDEA what to say or do. He said it really was a reminder that his life is super easy compared to so many others. Please pray for that woman's safety and wellbeing and for ALL OF US! Thank you!

This post was edited by Janet Sorensen at August 15, 2022 12:17 PM EDT
  • August 15, 2022 3:18 PM EDT

Dear PD, thank you for starting this topic! I'll be sharing as I can time permitting! Blessings "Numbers 6:24-26", Liesel (h5)

• 459 posts
    August 16, 2022 6:06 AM EDT

Blessing Grace n Mercy May they be your constant friend and consistent playmate. Thank you all for posting here  I well take the time over next day or so to comment how your posts either confirm Gods Magnificence. or I may be times where I had the same type of experience and I’ll share it with you. This topic I’m hoping will do just that. I know it will for me I will reflect upon my life. It also will show us/me just how deeply invested in each of our lives. My Dear Friend n Beloved sister Ms Liesel. I’m soooooo looking forward to reading your posts. I know you have so many things/times when GOD revealed HE was standing right there all the time. Pastor T I was taken back to where GOD started with both my future wife at the time (Gosh that was a major time HE showed up) and I Thank You PT for joining in this endeavor and I’m extremely grateful for all your n your wife’s input. 

Thank You JESUS for all you’ve done and will do. Praise your name as we discover the DEVINE APPOINTMENTS in each of our lives. Again TY all who will visit and/or also post here on INTERVENTION   Blessings One Love PD

• 19 posts
    August 16, 2022 11:22 AM EDT

Is there not any way to just like a post in here? I'm reading them!

• 137 posts
    August 16, 2022 1:52 PM EDT

Hi Janet. There is no way to individually "like" a post on the forum. However, you can click "Quote" and type a quick reply. Hope this helps, and in the future, we hope to improve it. 

• 459 posts
    August 16, 2022 9:57 PM EDT

Thank You so much my Dear Friend n Sister Janet for the totally amazing experience. I’ve mentioned several times here and recognized it for decades now DEVINE APPOINTMENTS. Your testimony SPEAKS LOUDLY just that truth. How wonderful that the LORD used you to minister to this lady. Think about all the things GOD moved or allowed to take place to bring her to you. NO Other Person was equipped to minister to her but you. I’m so excited to here that you were able to tap into the SPIRIT and moved from your comfort (in your case uncomfortable) zone and we’re able to make a wonderful life changing difference in this lady’s life. I’m sure the LORD is/has brought her to a place to receive CHRIST as savior. Once again My Dear Sister Janet thank you again for taking time to be there for that lady and for sharing your experience. I hope you will visit again and share other things that GOD has done with/for you. Blessings One Love PD

• 459 posts
    August 17, 2022 7:10 AM EDT

THANK YOU

Pastor T I want everyone to know how supportive and encouraging you have been to/for me in the whole process of starting this topic. I really appreciate that you pointed me i the rite direction n much like you when you started working on computers You told me the details of how to do this but didn’t do it for me instead told me to do things on my on and if needed you would step in. I think your wisdom shined through that way. For two things were learned 1) that I learned to do (tech) stuff instead of you handling doing it for me (the ole adage bout the fish give them or teach them) I learned. 2) As a Pastor also I’d have people tell me about a need they saw but I wanted to see if they were serious If they were cus I’d tell them great idea GOD gave you the vision now go out and make it happen. Most never did a thing telling me they weren’t serious about it but rather wanted me to do it. Both missions accomplished  i learned a little but mostly I’m PASSIONATE about this opportunity to serve a purpose here in the Ministry. I will e posting later on your story/experience for it stirred my thoughts and showed me a few things I’d forgot So now I’ve more experiences to share. I do thank you ahead of time as I’m sure you will drop in again and share more of your journey. Blessings One Love PD

• 137 posts
    August 17, 2022 8:58 AM EDT

I love to teach people how to fix it themselves. It's the way my dad taught me. I did that for years with our computer business, and had some managers get pretty good at it! They were always thankful when I took the time to teach them what was wrong, and sometimes it saved me a service call.

Point 2 is the absolute truth. We find that the less work someone puts into something, the less they care about it. If you do it for them, it usually means nothing. I have built websites for people who never bothered to look at them.

So yes, teaching someone to do it themselves gives them a stake in the game and the confidence to do it themselves. Then we can step in if needed. A little thinking does a body good.  :) 

• 19 posts
    August 17, 2022 10:45 AM EDT

Ok now tell me how to fix my dryer! laughing

• 27 posts
    August 17, 2022 10:46 AM EDT
    Janet Sorensen said:

I do not like to drive any more but I had to take my daughter to a special youth function at church couple days ago. One of the kids she's known since they were 9 years old attempted suicide a few weeks ago and they brought in a counselor to talk to the kids (he was included) about mental health and taking care of themselves. I was sitting in the parking lot because I did not want to have to drive home and back as our church is a pretty good drive away. (I am going to find a closer one after my daughter graduates from the youth program in just a few days.) Anyway, a woman approached my car and she was heavyset and obviously very hot and exhausted. I thought she would ask for money, but instead, she asked me if I knew how to get to the Dorcas House. That is a local shelter for women and children who are running from abuse at home. I asked her to sit in my car, which I NEVER do for anyone because I'm usually scared. But I could tell she was desperate and was near tears. As soon as she sat down in the AC, she burst into sobs. While she told me her story, I handed her my drink and she sucked it down so quickly. Turns out she had taken a bus from Memphis and had no idea where to go. No kids or family to run to. She was a diabetic and her husband of 12 years had taken to hiding her meds as "punishment" and had been abusing her for years, and she finally got the nerve to leave but had no money and nowhere to go. She had borrowed someone's cell phone and had already talked to the Dorcas House and made arrangements to be picked up at a grocery store that was a designated "safe place." (They don't want anyone just dropping people off.) But she had no way to get there. I sent a text to my daughter and she sent one of the adults from church outside. He brought water and snacks, and we took her to the "safe place" where they helped us call for a ride. He even gave her $30. She was crying so hard. She was a heavyset black woman and not the standard "image" of a victim of domestic abuse. I want to call and check on her but I know from experience that they will only take a message and will not even confirm that she is there for obvious reasons. (The Dorcas House has been doing this for more than a minute.) I just wanted to share with someone because it really affected me. I have SO MANY issues, physically and mentally, and it was a reminder that suffering is everywhere. I am glad I was sitting there in my car even though I did NOT want to be there. God used it as a chance to help another human. The man who drove is a very nice, rather wealthy gentleman who had NO IDEA what to say or do. He said it really was a reminder that his life is super easy compared to so many others. Please pray for that woman's safety and wellbeing and for ALL OF US! Thank you!

That is an amazing divine encounter, Janet! God bless you and this woman in need of safety and provision in her life.

• 459 posts
    August 17, 2022 6:21 PM EDT

Thank you Pastor T for sharing your experience.
        It reminded me of my youth when I/we were young and starting in ministry. I was working for youth for Christ at the time. We were called to two different ministries to become their youth leaders. We decided we would visit both of them before we sat down and had a meeting with them. The first church we went to at the end of the service week I wanted to number of youth they  had somewhere between 15 and 16. We new at that moment that the LORD wants us to be at this place. However we had promised second ministry that we would visit them also. That same Sunday we visited Methodist church it was actually pretty close to us. At the end of the service we counted the number of youth. They had three. And one of them was on crutches. Our expertise was in a sports ministry we had developed over the last few years. I will not get into the logistics of how it works. I will tell you this but awls we needed was to tap into the youth department It was designed to work with the youth and grow it from within the youth or outside the youth department. Either way it was guaranteed to grow the youth group. Later that week we met with the first ministry we visited. As we begin to discuss their theology we realized that they had some serious doctrine issues. Which would make it extremely hard for us to evangelize. Hey it would not be impossible for us to be there but it would be extremely hard. We left there very discouraged as we did not understand why God showed us so many youth to work with but it would be difficult. The next day we met with the Methodist Church. After sitting with them they’re theology and doctrine was very close to biblical principles we understood. At the end of the meeting the whole department came to worse said they wanted to hire us to be their youth pastors. We went home and prayed about it as we weren’t sure if this was the place or should we wait. By the next morning we know that the Methodist Church was where the Lord wanted us to be. There were many lessons to be learned there. First lesson never think you know what GOD is doing until it is confirmed for you. Otherwise keep an open mind until HE reveals totally enough  for you to move forward. GOD did many wonderful things in that youth group during that time. By the way those three youth turn into 75 youth at the end of a year. I will share with you some of the amazing things that GOD did. HE also gave me a vision of THE BOAT. I will give you that story on my main page.So concludes the beginning of my experiences in Ministry starting in 1995 and continues today. Blessings One Love PD

• 275 posts
    August 18, 2022 9:27 AM EDT
    Haha, Janet, Dion doesn't even fix our dryer, if the problem is internal :D. We have been blessed with a reasonable and honest service company. At one point, when we were talking with the tech about replacing our dryer, he said that we would be better off keeping it because our generation of dryer was built to last. The newer ones, and this was even confirmed by a salesman at Lowe's one time, are built to die sooner, s in order to sell new ones!
    Janet Sorensen said:

Ok now tell me how to fix my dryer! laughing

• 19 posts
    August 18, 2022 5:07 PM EDT

Hi Sylvia, I know that's true! We had an old dryer before this that we got used and it would get so hot, you had to let the clothes cool off! It lasted for years! This one is like meh, they're dry enough. My husband realized it wasn't venting properly and that helped but it's still not right. I am calling a decent repairman that I've used before and if he can't fix it, I am asking him to sell me a used one. (AFTER he tells me whether the old one is fixable.)

• 13 posts
    August 18, 2022 8:21 PM EDT

I think this is a great idea and forum! I have many, many testimonies of how God has intervened in my life.

• 13 posts
    August 18, 2022 8:31 PM EDT

I'll share something that happened to me that I usually tell in my prison ministry classes. I dove a truck OTR for five years, in between Engineering jobs, mainly due to VERY high blood pressure at the time (250/150, which I was told twice over a couple of decades that this was way past stoke range!), another story in itself for later. Anyway, I was in Chicago and was supposed to go to a truck terminal, that I had never been to before, drop a trailer in the lot, turn in the Bill of Lading and leave. Sounds simple enough however, when I got there it was just after 5 PM and apparently they close and leave before then. I dropped the trailer on the lot and headed for an outside dock door. As I approached I heard music coming from inside. I pushed on the door and it opened. Not locked, as it probably should have been. I walked across the floor toward a man who was sitting at a desk with his back toward me. As I got about half way from the door to the desk, he swung around in his chair, now hearing me approach over the music, and jumped up running at me hollering - get out of here!, get out of here!! He pushed me back toward the door and I almost fell down on the way out. When we got outside I asked him what that was all about and he said "I don't know why you're not on the floor bleeding from the throat!" I was freaked out because I had noticed the calm looking German Sheppard dog, I think it was, lying next to the desk and looking at me point on as I was approaching the desk but I didn't give it a second thought that this was after hours and that was a guard dog who was trained to go for the throat to anyone who entered except the man he was with! I then tell the students to go read the Bible story about the talking donkey who saw an Angel that was about to kill his rider until he veered out of the way. I truly think God must have had an Angel in front of me at that time because the dog stared intently at me but didn't move a muscle. Something was keeping him glued to the floor! I kind of feel sorry for the dog because he might have been sent back to be retrained. LOL! I was pretty shaken up and wasn't laughing then though. THANK YOU, Lord for protecting me!!

• 459 posts
    August 18, 2022 9:39 PM EDT

Like WoW. Ron. What an awesome story. It sounds more to me like Danial In the LIONS Den. I’ve been in similar situations as a Pastor who kept money coming in by having a lawn business. There have been a few times when I walked into a backyard I wanted to see a German Shepherd a Rottweiler or a Doberman. All of them were there too guard the house that I was supposed to do the lawn for. However I never had one of the dogs even growl at me. For me I’ve always had a special connection with animals. I’ve actually walked up to animals that were growling at people and were able to just calm them by being there. However not everybody has that same gift. So I’m thinking huge GOD INTERVENTION. As you’re telling the story it made no sense why the guy would be so upset. But after reading it obviously he was not horny extremely concerned about your well-being there’s a very good possibility that if you would’ve been attacked and lived I’m thinking he may have at least thought he’d bevgetting sued   Ron if this is your opening story. I can’t wait to hear/read your next.  Thank You Brother for so quickly joining me on this endeavor. OUR endeavor. I just sensed you had some great testimonies. Btw ummm that bld pressure ya that means you truly were a walking time bomb. That too was GODS( PROVIDENCE). INTERVENTION. Again TY sooooo much for jumping in and helping n ole guy out. Blessings One Love PD

• 459 posts
    August 18, 2022 9:44 PM EDT

RON please forgive the misspelling. I didn’t want to see these dogs it was unexpected. The man wasn’t horny but rather extremely worried he’d get sued if you didn’t die. I so dislike tech stuff. Again your a scholar and Gentleman. N one great supporter. Blessings One Love PD

• 34 posts
    August 19, 2022 9:51 AM EDT

Thanks for sharing, this is great for motivation. Blessings to all. 

• 13 posts
    August 19, 2022 10:13 PM EDT
    Daryl Page said:

Like WoW. Ron. What an awesome story. It sounds more to me like Danial In the LIONS Den. I’ve been in similar situations as a Pastor who kept money coming in by having a lawn business. There have been a few times when I walked into a backyard I wanted to see a German Shepherd a Rottweiler or a Doberman. All of them were there too guard the house that I was supposed to do the lawn for. However I never had one of the dogs even growl at me. For me I’ve always had a special connection with animals. I’ve actually walked up to animals that were growling at people and were able to just calm them by being there. However not everybody has that same gift. So I’m thinking huge GOD INTERVENTION. As you’re telling the story it made no sense why the guy would be so upset. But after reading it obviously he was not horny extremely concerned about your well-being there’s a very good possibility that if you would’ve been attacked and lived I’m thinking he may have at least thought he’d bevgetting sued   Ron if this is your opening story. I can’t wait to hear/read your next.  Thank You Brother for so quickly joining me on this endeavor. OUR endeavor. I just sensed you had some great testimonies. Btw ummm that bld pressure ya that means you truly were a walking time bomb. That too was GODS( PROVIDENCE). INTERVENTION. Again TY sooooo much for jumping in and helping n ole guy out. Blessings One Love PD

No problem, Daryl. The older I get the more challenging things are for me too! I agree with the blood pressure. God surely protected me for many years with that going on! I still have to watch it today but with two medications it's in the normal range most of the time. ;-)

This post was edited by Rod Fortner at August 19, 2022 10:13 PM EDT
    • 459 posts
    August 20, 2022 12:18 AM EDT

Thank you Brother RON for your graciousness. I’m glad you have a much more balanced blood pressure condition. I’m looking forward to your next post. I’m really hoping everyone in the ministry finds out bout this GODS Timing not mine. I’ll be posting in next day or so. Do take care my good brother n friend. Blessings One Love Daryl 

This post was edited by Daryl Page at August 29, 2022 8:05 PM EDT