Forums » General Discussion

Understanding Scripture

• 7 posts
    July 23, 2019 9:10 AM EDT
    I have seen a lot of devotions on Mark 11-24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
    and John 14-14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
    My thought on these versus is that there must be other scriptures that go with these. Otherwise how does one explain why everyone that we pray for and ask to be healed are not. Many of you may know (as I have posted before) my husband has stage 4 cancer it has spread to lungs and kidney it is terminal. He has been fighting this for 10 years. Many have prayed for his healing. I would love to hear others thoughts on these verses. Just trying to understand.
    • 129 posts
    July 23, 2019 11:05 AM EDT

Yes this is a big question. Where are the hands that actually heal? In the church, we have seen it both ways: If we pray for them and they don't get healed, then it is because of our lack of faith. If they pray for us and we don't get healed, it is because of our lack of faith. :) Just being humorous as it always seems to come back to our faith. 

I have seen people instantly and miraculously healed, and then so many others that were not. I do not understand the huge variance. Jesus plainly said that the words you quoted there: "whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" and we know that Peter walked on water until he began to doubt. James said let them ask of God, not doubting. All that I know to do is to keep praying until it happens. For while I breathe, there is hope. 

• 7 posts
    July 24, 2019 9:29 AM EDT
    Thank you , things are so confusing and overwhelming right now. I guess we just have to except the Lords will, to heal on this side of heaven or when we get there.