Forums » Testimonies

He rescued me with Love and Grace, even after all I had done

• 1 posts
    September 16, 2016 8:31 AM EDT

For years (18-28) the most important thing in life for me was to have a good time, and this always involved drinking heavily, promiscuity and bad decisions. I was raised in a home where my Mom would have to drag us 5 boys to church because Dad didn't care for church that much, and if Dad didn't go why should we? (I love my parents dearly by the way) After high school I picked a party college over football scholarships and dropped out after 1 year. I lived(partied) in Austin Tx for a few years and on January 16th 2010 I woke up from a blackout drunk at 3 am at the wheel of my car about 40 miles from Waco Tx. I made it home that night...somehow. I had a McDonald's bag with 4 uneaten double cheeseburgers and 5 bags of skittles in the seat next to me. This became somewhat normal for me. I hated it to be completely honest. I hated the fact that I could not have a good time without drinking copious amounts of booze. By the grace of God I never crashed or injured anyone during this foolish part of my life. I have 3 DUI's to remind myself of who I was before God rescued me.
    NOW to the good part, my salvation experience! On January 17th 2010, the night after the above said incident I was depressed the entire day, hating myself for driving drunk again, I had enough! (I rarely remembered how i made it home after a night of drinking, i would wake up in the morning, look out the window and see my car outside and find the keys in my pocket and see evidence of the late night stumblings and binge eating before I passed out.) I was on my computer trying to piece together the events of the night before and the entire time thinking to myself "there has to be something more in this life, I hate who I have become" I was very depressed in that moment and felt that I just wanted to quit everything, nothing mattered. I would call this moment my rock bottom, my heart was so heavy.... Scrolling through my music library and finding mostly only garbage rap but I also had "revelation" by third day, and "born again" by matthew west. There was a strong nudge in my heart to play the songs. All of a sudden my entire body started to warm... I listened to both songs and the words spoke directly to my heart, a wave of energy/warmth began to slowly radiate throughout my body starting from the very top of my head and slowly going down to my feet, up and down continually. I began to cry uncontrollably, I went into my bathroom to try and gather myself and shake off whatever was going on, grown men don't cry, right? wrong! It didnt work, the tears intensified and I began to tremble. Then I hear a voice, "are you ready?........." Jesus, is this you? "I Am"........For the next three hours, my life was completely rocked, questions were answered, healing took place. Sin was completely cleansed from my body. I could go on for another hour describing the miraculous events that took place and sharing the back and forth between God and I. I felt so much Joy that I was laughing and crying at the same time. It was the most amazing moment of my life. To summarize, God showed me through visions multiple times he had saved me and gotten me off the road either getting me home safe by guiding me through my drunken stupor or in the back seat of a police car before I hurt someone blacked out driving, including one night where I was stopped just a few inches before a passing train zoomed by us in Green Bay with two of my friends passed out in the back seat.
    Last thing I'll share and that ill never forget is God's reply to my question of how and why this was happening..... because I called upon His name in my brokenness and he was honoring my mother's prayers. She had been praying for me for years and never gave up hope. Thank you Jesus.

• 23 posts
    November 9, 2016 11:23 PM EST
    Wow.....powerful. Thank you for sharing.
    • 1 posts
    February 4, 2021 10:54 AM EST

Jesus also revealed Himself supernaturally to me

• 137 posts
    February 5, 2021 7:29 AM EST

Welcome, Todd. Thank you for joining us at Refreshing Hope! Please share your testimony with us sometime. I would love to hear it. 

Excellent story Dan!

This post was edited by Dion Todd at February 5, 2021 7:30 AM EST
    • 2 posts
    November 27, 2022 7:46 PM EST

Thank you for sharing.  I accepted God's calling in 2012.  If I had known the sentence:  "God isn't finished with me yet," I have may have been a better Christian til 2018 after my mother passed in 2017.  She gave me back to God when I was born and I had Believer's Baptism in 2014 after a very negative past.  I am now in Quinlan, Texas for over 3 years and have done more for my church and community here than any other area where I have lived.  I hope this reply is not too long as I see "Quick Reply"