Forums » General Discussion

Please Read>> So what we sow, we shall reap...

• February 26, 2016 12:43 PM EST

Please read

So what we shall reap

About 4 months ago God called on me by Holy Spirit and said “It is time to tell your story”. It took me over a month to start writing because I did not want to be seen as a false profit, for the things I was told didn’t exactly jive with most religions. So for a month I prayed on how I should write. Finally I started writing. I didn’t finish it that day and prayed that it was as he wanted it. The next day I got up and had new inspiration. I started writing fresh and was done in no time at all. The story “My epiphany” is on the testimony page. That night I prayed for God to finish the work he had started in me and that I had given 50 years to this world and I was now ready to give 50 years to him. In return he opened my mind up to see his love and all the gifts he has given us.

He gave me discernment over the scripture’s and I prayed “Let my pen be your sword”. So here we are, and I have a message, and that message is LOVE.

What does it mean “we sow what we reap”? I believe most of us know the scripture [Gal.6:7]. So often we get caught up in life and forget what we are sowing. I myself come to you a teacher assigned to gather his sheep. To do so I must sow, so here we go… If we sow love what shall we reap? >Love. If we sow the love of God what shall we reap...? If we sow, which is to teach everlasting life through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, what shall we reap? Eternal Life, Yes! But if we sow division, will we not possibly be divided from the body of Christ, which there is only one of? Are we not one body, Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic, Mormon, Witness, and more? They all are my brothers and sisters. Do you not know that it’s not the miss-lead that the burden falls upon, but upon the one teaching? James 3:1 tells us not too many of us should become teachers, knowing that the burden can carry a heavy Judgement.

So I say to you brothers and sisters, sow love and you shall reap love, sow God’s love and we will reap God’s love, sow Christ so that we shall reap everlasting life.  For love is the highest commandment. Love is the only thing that coves the whole law. Love thy neighbor more than you love yourself.

May God bless everyone that reads this with love, peace, and joy through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Dave

• 275 posts
    February 26, 2016 12:55 PM EST

Amen, brother, powerful message! I don't know greater than to sow into His people!

• 137 posts
    February 26, 2016 1:12 PM EST

Good word. That is my test:  Do you love Jesus Christ? If Yes, then we are brother and sister. The rest you can take up with Him personally...  :)

It sounds crazy, but I have sown computers and got them back...

This post was edited by Dion Todd at February 26, 2016 1:14 PM EST
    • 67 posts
    February 26, 2016 7:00 PM EST

I have a question. What if you're struggling on the path to faith and are lost? What then will you reap? Even if you're kind and generous, treat  people and animals with love trust, kindness and mercy and are doing your best to live a happy peaceful life through your struggles? What becomes of you then? If a kind person sows kindness, should they not reap kindness? If a person who is uncertain about religion sows caring and compassion, what shall they reap? There are many many good people in the world who have not yet found their faith, and even people who haven't began to look. This is an important issue to me because this is where I am.  I'm in the grey area, stumbling around in the dark not sure which way to turn. I know I am not alone, there are people who are just as I am. Lost looking for a way out, searching for a light to guide them out of the dark. I was not born into a religous household, so I don't understand what it means to be religious. Even so, God blessed me by sending me into a loving caring family, people that I love dearly. I took that for granted for a long time, then I came to the realization that God put me into my family, and for that, that gift, that kindness, I owe the Lord more than I could ever repay. But that still doesn't help with my struggles. I DO have faith in the Lord, and I do believe, or at least I think I do. It's human to have doubts to question the unquestionable, and I think there are reasons for that.

I strongly disagree with blind faith. I think we should go into faith with our hearts, minds, and eyes open. I am not sure what to believe but I think that God is there. Maybe I am meant to go through this struggle, this conflict so that I may be able to help others who go through it. I don't know, but if He is there, I would like to say "Thank you, for everything."

• February 26, 2016 8:30 PM EST

Hi Tyler  I see your question but am with my grandchildren tonight. I'll have more time to better answer you in the morning. I'm sure I can help. God bless & good night

• 275 posts
    February 27, 2016 9:11 AM EST

Tyler, since this is off of Dave's post, I'm sure he'll have something better to say, so just throwing out some thoughts for discussion :). I didn't grow up in any kind of faith either, so I believe I know where you are coming from, at least to the extent another person can. I remember clearly a day when I was five or six when a little friend invited me to a kids' Bible study. It was quite cute, with a little felt Mary and Joseph trekking over to Bethlehem :). When my mom found out though, she was not happy about that and forbad me to go again. After that were years of not really being a believer, but still drawn to Him, asking questions, etc. 

As with you, one of my problems was, and really still is, with the idea of "blind faith". I always thought, "why should I believe something based on nothing?". In the end, I found out that I didn't have to. Our faith in God is not based on nothing, but in how faithful He has been in our life, even before we knew Him. Why should we have any great level of faith in a stranger? In general, we wouldn't, but He is not, at least to me, and I don't believe He is to you. You're just on a journey of getting to know Him better, just like we all are :).

On what the "what shall we reap?" question, I do believe that God does return just what we sow a lot of times, but don't think it's "always" an exact return. As Dion mentioned, we have received computer equipment for computer equipment we have given, so there's that. On the other hand, if a person is extremely poor (and yes, say they even tithe and such and don't have problems with greed or anything else that would be a problem) and mostly has time, love and kindness to give, I believe that God, seeing what that person needs, will provide for his or her material needs, as well as return kindness and love back. Likewise, there may be very wealthy people who are lonely, and give what they have out of the fullness of their hearts to those in need. I do believe that when God rewards those, He will see the love they are crying out for, as well as bless their wealth. If there's anything I know about God, is that He loves us and sees us as individuals and knows what is best for us, and best to give us.

As for those who have not yet found Him, I believe He is perfectly capable of calling to them, just like He is calling to you, and as He did to me. What that journey looks like is different for each person. I pray that as you continue to move forward in your journey, that God will guide you clearly and bless you with a powerful encounter with His presence, one that will let you know that He is there in the very depths of your heart!

Just as side thing, here is a book that resontated with me during some of my more formative years: The Keys of the Kingdom. If you look into it, you'll see the characters are Catholic, which we are not (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)). What I related to was the central character who wrestled with his faith through much of his life, but found a faith that was so much more rich than what could be found by an easier walk. Anyway, if you have some time and inclination, you might enjoy it :).

[blockquote]Tyler Velau said:

I have a question. What if you're struggling on the path to faith and are lost? What then will you reap? Even if you're kind and generous, treat  people and animals with love trust, kindness and mercy and are doing your best to live a happy peaceful life through your struggles? What becomes of you then? If a kind person sows kindness, should they not reap kindness? If a person who is uncertain about religion sows caring and compassion, what shall they reap? There are many many good people in the world who have not yet found their faith, and even people who haven't began to look. This is an important issue to me because this is where I am.  I'm in the grey area, stumbling around in the dark not sure which way to turn. I know I am not alone, there are people who are just as I am. Lost looking for a way out, searching for a light to guide them out of the dark. I was not born into a religous household, so I don't understand what it means to be religious. Even so, God blessed me by sending me into a loving caring family, people that I love dearly. I took that for granted for a long time, then I came to the realization that God put me into my family, and for that, that gift, that kindness, I owe the Lord more than I could ever repay. But that still doesn't help with my struggles. I DO have faith in the Lord, and I do believe, or at least I think I do. It's human to have doubts to question the unquestionable, and I think there are reasons for that.

I strongly disagree with blind faith. I think we should go into faith with our hearts, minds, and eyes open. I am not sure what to believe but I think that God is there. Maybe I am meant to go through this struggle, this conflict so that I may be able to help others who go through it. I don't know, but if He is there, I would like to say "Thank you, for everything."

[/blockquote]

• 67 posts
    February 27, 2016 12:21 PM EST

Thank you, Sylvia, for the advice and othe book suggestion. I will try to find a read online version. I agree with you that each person has their own path to faith, and I agree that each path looks different and has different tests or challenges. And to be honest, I don't know if the Lord is calling me or not, and if He is, I don't know how to answer. All that I know is what I can do as a human. I can try to live the best life I can and I can help anyone I can, but other than that, I don't really know what else I can do. As I have said, patience isn't one of my strong suits, my family has a history of impatience and I am no different. What if the Lord is calling me to wait until a certain time like He did for Moses, Jesus, and many others? Is He? I don't know the answers to any of those questions. And I'm not sure if I'm meant to.

I'm sorry for getting this thread so off track, I just want to know that people like me who have not yet found their way get a fair shake. That just because we aren't baptized, or tithe or fast, that we are still given a chance.

• 275 posts
    February 27, 2016 1:07 PM EST

I don't know what He is particularly calling you into, Tyler, but I do believe He is calling you to Him, just from how He seems to be weighing on your heart :). I don't think I wouldn't worry too much about if you are missing something you are supposed to be doing. If you are truly and humbly seeking His will you will know what to do, even if you don't realize it's Him at the time. Really, quite a few of the things that we have found out to be God later, were just things we had to do to work around seeming roadblocks, or other "accidents". After things all fell together later, we could see His hand in it. Other times, sure, we hear something specific and do it, but it's not every time. In the meantime, living the best life you can and helping anyone you can is a mighty fine way to wait :).

As for this part: "I just want to know that people like me who have not yet found their way get a fair shake. That just because we aren't baptized, or tithe or fast, that we are still given a chance.", yes, of course :). I mean, if you are doing something obviously wrong that's negatively impacting your life, please do work on that, but as far as going forward with Him, I'm sure He will lead you when it's time :).  

• February 27, 2016 3:10 PM EST

Tyler it sounds to me like you are looking for a reason to love God. Love is worship. Tyler, you are the type of man God always put near me as my friend. Men that had qualities that were Christian but did not know God personally. When we would go fishing and I would bring up God. I would remind them it's 2016 for a reason. The reason is that Christ died about two thousand and sixteen years ago and that's where our modern day calendar system starts. The whole world has adopted this. Then I would talk about the invisible force field, just like star trek or many pother sci-fi shows, protecting the earth... how did that get thier? Was it evolution? I think not! Look at the sun, it burns day and night forever... Was it from one explosion we have both life and a never ending sorce of both power and heat>> the sun? No way! Someone had to set things in motion, and that was our father. I hope this starts you thinking, and you come to the conclusion that there is a God >> our Father

Now lets talk about faith Faith is the belief of things unseen. I have had God my whole life. I can remember praying on my own as a young child Through all my struggles in life I prayed, and things always worked out. Through my 20's & 30's I quite often wondered if God was really there,  if all this praying and having faith was for nothing... I came to the conclusion even if he wasn't there, I was going to keep the faith. I had definatley seen that there are two types of people>> Good and Bad. I had seen karma at work; the people doing bad recieving bad back, sometimes taking years but in the end the results were sometimes death. People I knew younger than me and their life was cut short. But to those of us doing good; showing love, kindness, compassion and mercy, that's what we were recieving back in full. Now you have something I didn't.  Because I can truthfully tell you there is a God our Father. There are signs and portents all around us... The movie heaven is real, My epiphany, A person on this ministry site lost her son, the hardest thing that can happen to a parent, her only console was her daughter had a dream the night he passed... he came to her  to say "I'm alright, two angels came and got me & took me to heaven." That's our father showing mercy and love. So you can now have faith in what we know to be true> God is real. I hope this helps you with faith. This is just three examples of a multitude of things... all one has to do is look for them.

Tyler your whole life you've had God. You have and know love... and God is love. All the beautiful things you've sown>> love, kindness, mercy. They will be returned to you by our Father. He is calling you and he loves you. Refreshing Hope Ministry is your guiding light, we are here for you>> your brothers and sisters. If you have any more questions, you have all of us here to help.

Religon >> So you have never had a religious denomination. It doesn't mean you don't have religon.  You have always had God with you, you he is in each and every one of us. His spirit>> you call a conscious, pleading with you your whole life to do what is right. This is God's spirit which he has poured out onto all people. He truly blessed you with with and family. You owe the Lord nothing but your faith and love. In return you get everlasing life and you know when it's your time to go there is a place reserved just for you in heaven. We all have struggles in life and it is what forms who we are today>> full of love, kindness, compastionate and mercy-full >> all the qualities that you have. Never let go of your faith and RHM is here for you. I hope thishepls wit& we all love you. You are now a part of a religon here at RHM. If you have not seen the movie" Heaven is real" based on a true story please get a copy and watch. It shows the love of God and whats waiting for us when it's time. And though I know it's there, I'm in no hurry to go. I know that there is many like you that need help and guidance and I will be here to help until he sees fit to bring me home.

He's definately calling you to draw near. The bible says if you will draw close to him he will draw close to you. He called me to teach his love for us, and that love covers the whole law and the awesome gifts he gave us. I have 3 stories on the testimony page and there are many others besides mine. Please read my 3 and some of the others. I know your impatient but God is on his own time, and in his time he will reward you. It could be one minute or days from now. It took almost 30 years of reading the bible, always praying for proper interpretation before I had my epiphany. Then another 8 years until now, and here I am. I know this is just the start. He is preparing me for something. So the lord has plans for each and everyone of us so keep your faith & learn all you can from RHM. This is only the 5th paper I've ever written so please bear with me. There is so much more I would like to say but my wife would kill me cause she for she does all the typing, God love her;) 

In (1Cor. 12: 12-13) we see that all men who have faith in Christ have been baptised not with water but with spirit. So worry not about baptism>> if in the future you wish to be baptized with water is up to you, right...? keep loving and giving;giving is how we tithe, helping others, we should all give a portion of what we have to help others> tithing. Love others as you love yourself. What we have done in the past means nothing, it's what we do today, so have no worry>> God holds no account> He loves you.

God sent Christ to reconcile an entire world back to him. We see in (Revelations 7:9)  " Behold I saw a great multitude that no man can number out of every tribe and every nation." So it appears that everyone who calls on the name of Christ will be saved. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that anyone who put faith in him should have everlasting life" (John 3:16)

God bless and may love, peace, and joy fill your life through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Amen.     Dave

• February 27, 2016 3:23 PM EST

And the wife says... if he's in your heart and your seeking him, in my humble opinion you are being called to him by his love and grace. Keep asking, keep seeking, most importantly keep praying for what you are seeking and it will be given. I only hold onto a few things I know to be truths. They are that God is real,and he sent his son to save us all. Through his great sacrfice we can rest free in the knowledge that our past is covered with the love and blood of Christ. God loves us and only wants good things for us. The trials in life always bring me to a deeper knowledge of who I am in Christ. Anything else God wants changed from the time you first believe will be a tug at your heart until understanding about it comes.  May you always have peace in the knowledge of just how loved you truly are by our Heavenly Father... Blessings :) Dianna

• 67 posts
    February 27, 2016 5:13 PM EST

I have poured my heart out here in many different times and ways and each time, the responses I have seen were and are incredible. Thank you, all of you, so much for your kind words and your prayers and well wishes. It means the world to me. I thank you for the advice and for the hospitality here at RHM. I am honored to be a part of this community and will try my best to help others the way you have all helped me. I believe that struggles and doubts are part of being human, we all have struggles and doubts from time to time. Even the most devout man can still have doubts, its human nature and nature is one thing I've learned that you cannot fight against, nor should you. But what we can fight is how far we let our doubts go and their meaning to us. 

Sometimes a simple reminder of a lesson, or of God's love is all a person needs to help them through their day or week or life. Sometimes, one kind word or deed can save a life, no matter how small that word or deed seems at the time. I've always felt that God was real and out there somewhere, I've always had hope, but then the thoughts of all the chaos in the world would come into my mind and the thoughts "If he was truly there, why would this be allowed to happen?" "why doesn't he save them/help them?". A part of me thinks those are valid concerns, and for all I know they may be. And to be honest, I'm not even sure that it is the Lord that I seek or anything.  One thing that I have learned is that honesty is the pest policy, and being honest to yourself isn't as easy as people think, but it's the right thing to do. I have to be honest, especially to myself, I can't lie to myself and say that "God is out there waiting for me to come to him" it's something I have to figure out on my own. In the meantime, I just have to keep doing what I always do and try to help the people that I can help.

• 275 posts
    February 27, 2016 9:00 PM EST

So glad that the ministry has blessed you, brother! I have faith that it will all be clear in the end, or at least more clear :).

[blockquote]Tyler Velau said:

I have poured my heart out here in many different times and ways and each time, the responses I have seen were and are incredible. Thank you, all of you, so much for your kind words and your prayers and well wishes. It means the world to me. I thank you for the advice and for the hospitality here at RHM. I am honored to be a part of this community and will try my best to help others the way you have all helped me. I believe that struggles and doubts are part of being human, we all have struggles and doubts from time to time. Even the most devout man can still have doubts, its human nature and nature is one thing I've learned that you cannot fight against, nor should you. But what we can fight is how far we let our doubts go and their meaning to us. 

Sometimes a simple reminder of a lesson, or of God's love is all a person needs to help them through their day or week or life. Sometimes, one kind word or deed can save a life, no matter how small that word or deed seems at the time. I've always felt that God was real and out there somewhere, I've always had hope, but then the thoughts of all the chaos in the world would come into my mind and the thoughts "If he was truly there, why would this be allowed to happen?" "why doesn't he save them/help them?". A part of me thinks those are valid concerns, and for all I know they may be. And to be honest, I'm not even sure that it is the Lord that I seek or anything.  One thing that I have learned is that honesty is the pest policy, and being honest to yourself isn't as easy as people think, but it's the right thing to do. I have to be honest, especially to myself, I can't lie to myself and say that "God is out there waiting for me to come to him" it's something I have to figure out on my own. In the meantime, I just have to keep doing what I always do and try to help the people that I can help.

[/blockquote]

• 137 posts
    February 27, 2016 9:54 PM EST

Tyler I have found so often that we make it more difficult than it has to be. I have thought that I was walking alone so many times only to find later that I was right on the course. Life can be a struggle, and God knows that. 

• 67 posts
    February 27, 2016 10:20 PM EST

I have concerns, but I try not to worry too much about it. But I do worry, the Lord can be right in front of me and I wouldn't know it. He could be with me now and I wouldn't know it. Only when I have passed the challenges he sets before me or he chooses to reveal himself will I know. But I am not afraid, I trust in the Lord enough to trust him to look after me and my family. I do have faith in him. It might not be entirely whole yet, but it is there. It just needs more time to build. My life may not be perfect, but it sure as heck ain't bad and I am indeed very very grateful for everything the Lord has done for me, even the challenges. The challenges are an opportunity to learn and grow, although we rarely see them as such. Part of me believes that I am almost right where the Lord wants me to be. There may be a few details out of place, but I'm sure he will set them right soon enough. And yes, you are correct, we humans sometimes make things more difficult than they have to be. We overthink, try to look 50 moves ahead and miss the obvious moves that are right in front of us.  And I may be doing just that. I hope and pray that the Lord draws near everyone here at RHM and blesses them and their loved ones and enriches their lives. There are good people here and there is so much hope so much kindness that I hope it gets repayed tenfold. 

• 23 posts
    March 4, 2016 1:24 PM EST
    Thank you for sharing this post....it was comforting to read and inspiring. Thank you.