Forums » General Discussion

A vase of flowers for God

• 8 posts
    December 26, 2015 1:26 PM EST

A few years ago I began attending Adoration at my church.  It is an opportunity for people, 24/7, to come adore the Trinity in solitude, and pray as they see fit.

I have had several friends and relatives for whom I promised my heart-felt prayers, for whatever that would encompass.  Unfortunately, though, I also have the worst memory on the face of the planet, so when I would go in to pray, about 90% of it went right out the window and I forgot all about them.

But then I thought of a very appropriate way to be inclusive of everyone and everything.  A few months ago, instead of listing them all individually, I chose to make each one of my prayers a flower.  He already knows everybody for whom I promised to pray (Lucky for them that His memory is FAR better than mine!) and He knows if they are prayers of thanksgiving, prayers for health, a job, healing of a relationship, forgivenss, or someone's death.  So now when I go in and allow myself to be in His presence, I hand Him a spiritual bouquet, which includes every person and every intention.

I mention all of this only because I know that I am not the only person for whom this has been a problem. If you happen to forget the details while praying, don't rack your brain trying to fill in all the blanks, and hanging your head in shame when you can't.  Instead, hand God a spiritual bouquet.  By doing this, your faith is exemplified by your willingness to trust in Him completely.

I'm sorry that this is not more well-written.  Thank you for allowing me to share this with you.

• 23 posts
    December 26, 2015 1:42 PM EST
    This is absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for sharing this with us. God bless you. Love and prayers.
    • 8 posts
    December 26, 2015 3:57 PM EST

Thank you, Tamara and Brian, for your words of encouragement. 

• 23 posts
    February 3, 2016 9:26 AM EST
    I was encouraged to try this because I would be one of those people who forgets when I start to pray for other people.....
    • 272 posts
    February 3, 2016 9:50 AM EST

That's such a beautiful image and I know that God loves each bouquet! Thank you for sharing, Annie!

One thing we like to do when the circumstance allows, is to pray for them right there when they are asking. That at least lowers the number of things we might forget :).