Forums » General Discussion

The return of Jesus

• 67 posts
    October 25, 2015 4:09 PM EDT

I have read some articles on the return of Jesus today and would like to engage in some polite conversation on the subject. What do you think will happen when Christ returns? What do you think some of the signs of His return are? Do you think the time of the return is near? Why? What are your personal thoughs and feelings on this subject? Here are links to some of the articles I read, hopefully they may help peopleto understand or be a source of comfort during calamity: http://www.jesus.org/early-church-history/promise-of-the-second-coming/when-will-jesus-return.html  http://www.jesus.org/early-church-history/promise-of-the-second-coming/what-will-happen-when-jesus-returns.html

Please comment on whatever you wish I think this is an important subject and would like to see what you guys think about it.

• 137 posts
    October 31, 2015 11:47 AM EDT

Hi Tyler, I was so into eschatology (The study of the end times) at one point that I became blind to the current day, and the current work of God right now. He finally straightened me out and told me to "not be so concerned about the end of the Book, but to go back to the beginning and take another look." After this, I lightened up. That said, here is what I learned and believe:

1. Do not be deceived, Jesus is coming back.
    2. The date and time is not for us to know.
    3. Each generation believes that they are the last. 
    4. Everyone that ever predicted the return of Jesus was wrong.
    5. We should live ready to die at any moment for we are one heartbeat from going to meet Him.
    6. If we continue the pattern of our parents, grand parents, great grand parents, we are going to Him, before He comes to us.
    7. God has work for us to do right now while we here. We are here for such a time as this. This is OUR generation. Let us work with Him in the harvest.

• 67 posts
    October 31, 2015 12:23 PM EDT

Hi, Pastor Todd, I think you've brought up some important points, but those points also bring out more questions. And I still think that this topic is important, but only He can know of the time He will return. Some of us are struggling with finding work, the poor economy, knowing what to do, feel like we're spinning out of control with no way out, and nothing we try has made one bit of a difference. Some of us are struggling to find our niche in life, and what our godly tasks are. I know I am not the only one, there are people out there who are in much worse circumstances than I, I know and acknowledge that, and I think (and pray) that the Lord should help each according to their need. Frankly, I'm not sure what is right or wrong anymore nor do I know what to do. I ask for the Lord's help and I feel helpless and frusturated. This trial is pushing me to the brink, I know I should trust in the Lord, but I feel that I can do more to help, but I don't know how. Sorry for my ramblings... Lost sheep here don't know where home is, trying my best but still feel like I'm failing at something in someway and I want to correct that, to make it right. Anyways, have a blessed day, Pastor Todd, may the Lord be with you.

• 137 posts
    October 31, 2015 1:03 PM EDT

Often when we get to the end of our rope, we find Him there waiting. I think it is a valid question and everyone can share their own views on it. That is just all that I have on it. He recently reminded that I have a job to do, and that I am going no where soon so I am going to focus on that. Have a blessed weekend!  :)

• 2 posts
    November 5, 2015 9:32 AM EST

To Tyler,

Man I can surely relate to your frustration here.  It seems that the harder I try, the less that happens,but i am not giving up or returning to my old non-Christian life. I guess that the Lord is taking more time in His answers to people like us for some unknown reason and that is hard for me to take but I'm guessing that is God's plan for me. I just wish He would give me a clue as to what His plan is for me.

• 67 posts
    November 5, 2015 10:28 AM EST

To Jay

Hang in there brother! We are not forgotten. We just need to be patient like the Lord says. The walk with Jesus isn't supposed to be an easy one(I don't think) and I think it requires many sacrifices. Sacrifices we must be willing to make. I will agree that it is frusturating sitting here feeling helpless and not knowing what to do or even what direction to turn(seemingly) But I do have a direction to turn, just as you do. We turn to the Lord. Even when He appears to be silent, I have to trust that he is there working behind the scenes to bring good things into my life. And I have to learn to pray more and lean on Him and not my own understanding, this, though difficult to do, I think, is hopefully helping me in my walk with the Lord.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing or not, I ask for guidance and it appears to me, that I don't find the guidance that I'm looking for. I don't know what this means. but I am learning to think of this as a test. A test of how far I will let my faith take me, how much do I trust in Him, even though I fail and fall short, I have to have hope and faith that He, in his infinite grace and mercy, will forgive me. I am a beginner on the path with the Lord, and if you need it, I will be happy to offer whatever help I can on your own walk with the Lord and I wish you peace and blessings, my brother.