Forums » General Discussion

Why does GOD do things?

• August 14, 2015 12:41 PM EDT

I believe with all my heart that JESUS is Lord and i do believe that the FATHER sent JESUS here to shed his blood and die on the cross for all of mankinds sins.

I believe the only way for salvation (eternal life)is through JESUS CHRIST,i have this question that almost haunts me trying to understand,GOD knows all things

so he knows who is going to hell and who will not,I ask why would God create a person knowing that person will go to hell?

• 56 posts
    August 14, 2015 1:14 PM EDT

This is a question haunts me as well. We all have two path we can follow. A choice. ( free will ) So your question is mine question. Why create bad people? This is like a predestination question.

According to the Bible, it seems that God patiently endured the "bad" people so that He could express His great riches upon the people who go to Heaven.  These evil people freely choose to be evil; and if God were to stop them from existing, then He would have to, in effect, stop people from being born who would never hear the Gospel and who would reject the Gospel.

But still, even the people going to Hell can have a purpose in this life.  There are many non-Christians who have advanced medicine, technology, and helped other people a great deal.  God has ordained that they perform work which is ultimately for His glory since He has blessed even the lost with gifting--in accordance with their being made in God’s image.  But, they reject God and are without excuse (Romans 1:20).

Finally, there is a logical problem with not creating people who go to Hell.  It would mean that no one would go to Heaven.  You see, without the crucifixion no one could be saved.  But, in order for Jesus to be crucified, evil people had to lie about Him and murder Him.  His crucifixion is the means by which we are saved.  So, if God doesn't create people He knows will go to Hell, then there would have been no crucifixion by which people could be saved.  In that case, all people would go to Hell.  Therefore, if God was to not make anyone who would go to Hell, then He would not make anyone at all.

God could change everyone’s personality so that they cannot sin. This would also mean that we would not have a free will. We would not be able to choose right or wrong because we would be “programmed” to only do right. Had God chosen to do this, there would be no meaningful relationships between Him and His creation.

Instead, God made Adam and Eve innocent but with the ability to choose good or evil. Because of this, they could respond to His love and trust Him or choose to disobey. They chose to disobey. Because we live in a real world where we can choose our actions but not their consequences, their sin affected those who came after them (us). Similarly, our decisions to sin have an impact on us and those around us and those who will come after us. I had to finally conclude, this is Gods world and he can set the rules. So do you think we should not  have free will? This is my own personal opinion.

This post was edited by Kay Rushin at August 14, 2015 1:30 PM EDT
    • 137 posts
    August 14, 2015 2:00 PM EDT

Good luck with finding the answer to that one, I gave up long ago. I feel like an ant trying to understand how a space shuttle works. It is a bit beyond my comprehension. I am happy with the crumbs that fall from His table. God created Adam and Eve "Good." They chose to do evil. It is always a choice, a crossroad where you pick a path. Wide and heavily traveled is the road that leads to destruction, narrow is the path that leads to eternal life. Jesus faced it as well, He was tempted by satan in the wilderness while fasting. He had to pass the test just like us.

I get up in the morning and each day I have to choose to put God first, choose to stay His course. I can, and have, chosen to do whatever felt good to me at the time. As to who makes it to heaven, that will be up for Him to decide. I just aim to walk close enough to where He can never say "Depart from Me for I never knew You."

• 56 posts
    August 14, 2015 2:18 PM EDT

I give up long ago myself, I know I have to keep my focus on him. I beleve it wouldn't be good to not have a choice! I wanted to give points to ponder. Most of all we get to choose. So I guess we don't need that chapter, I think it was wise for God to allow a choice. Why would he want people who didn't choose him. He has given us everything we need to know. Now are we going to humble oursleves and listen?

• August 14, 2015 8:00 PM EDT
    Just my thought. .God doesn't create anything bad. All he knows is good, as for his creation of a child it begins until the age of accountability he is God's child. God never gives up on that child even as an adult and gives him free will to accept him in his life. Regardless of God knowing all things he never created an evil creature. That person chooses the evil path. Even one milisecond of that person that is known to others as evil he could choose to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior. That is what God knows that we don't. .if that person dies without Jesus in his heart I assure you their life will not have been lived in vain as God even uses them to open someone else's eyes to allow them to walk with the Lord.
  • August 14, 2015 8:03 PM EDT
    *in an milisecond of that persons evil life in death they still could choose to allow Jesus in their life.

Sorry I'm on my phone..
    • 1 posts
    February 18, 2017 5:38 AM EST
    Linda, God may not create anything bad, but he creates people with depression, bipolar, sickle cell etc... These people didn't choose this but God did. Why he would do this angers me to no end. I really have to wonder if God really is good.

• 275 posts
    February 18, 2017 9:50 AM EST

Hi Paul, I understand your feeling on this, and would even agree if I believed that God created such conditions. However, I don't believe He does. The enemy can bring such things to attack us, and we even bring such things to ourselves. In the case of a baby who, of course, hasn't done anything, but can be subject to curses from the generations beforehand. As a visible example, a mother who is a drug addict while pregnant can give birth to a baby with numerous problems. That situation is not created by God, but by people. Sure, one may argue that God could heal that baby (the subject of a different conversation), but I think we can agree about the source of the baby's condition.

God bless, brother, and praying that He brings you an encounter with Him that shows you the depth of love He has for you!

[blockquote]Paul Cook said: Linda, God may not create anything bad, but he creates people with depression, bipolar, sickle cell etc... These people didn't choose this but God did. Why he would do this angers me to no end. I really have to wonder if God really is good. [/blockquote]