Forums » General Discussion

I want an extream make over - do you?

• 2 posts
    August 14, 2016 2:18 PM EDT

I want an Extreme make over, No not the kind on t.v. were they change everything about you and say you once were a slob but by my mighty hand (THE DR)your are know the most beautiful creature in the world,--- Well you and all the other plastic barbie dolls.No that's not the kind of makeover I'm speaking of I want a makeover of the heart, A head to toe, cleansing and beauty treatment for Christ our Lord.Well you say, how do I get that?

God wants to make us beautiful everyday! Psalm 90:17 “And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us,And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.” (NKJV)Isaiah 64:6 says,“All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.”We all our made ugly by are transgressions, But we are made beautiful bythe blood of our beautiful Savior Jesus Christ.“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” 1 Corinthians 12:9

.I love this poem byEdgar Albert Guest - MyselfI have to live with myself, and soI want to be fit for myself to know.I want to be able, as days go by,Always to look myself straight in the eye.I don't want to stand with the setting sun,And hate myself for things I have done.I don't want to keep on a closet shelfA lot of secrets about myself,And fool myself, as I come and go,Into thinking that nobody else will knowThe kind of man I really am;I don't want to dress up myself in shame.I want to go out with my head erect,I want to deserve all men's respect;But here in the struggle for fame and selfI want to be able to like myselfI don't want to look at myself and knowThat I'm bluster and bluff, an empty show.I can never hide myself from me;I see what others may never see.I know what others may never know,I never can fool myself, and so,Whatever happens, I want to beSelf-respecting and conscience free.

No you can not fool your self nor can you fool the Lord, Do you want to be made beautiful in his eyes?

Please pray with me:Oh heavenly Father, how thankful I am that each day is a new day in You because of the saving mercy and blood of your Son.When I see myself as ugly, I pray you will remind me of my beauty. Help me to remember, everyday, who I am in You Father.In the most beautiful one Christ Jesus I pray AMEN.

Know the next time you look in the mirror remind yourself you are made in his image and you are a child of God, you are beautiful.Big hugs Sandy

This post was edited by Sandy Best at August 14, 2016 2:22 PM EDT
    • 275 posts
    August 15, 2016 11:42 AM EDT

That is beautiful, Sandy, thank you! And yes, through Jesus, we are all beautiful in His eyes!

• 1 posts
    April 21, 2017 9:45 PM EDT

This is beautiful Sandy. Very eye opening. God bless you for writing it. I have to pay more attention to the forums. God bless you. Amen <3