Forums » General Discussion

Question

• 67 posts
    March 31, 2016 10:12 AM EDT

What does the Lord say about righteous fury? Or when we feel that we have anger or we see something that lights the spark of anger within us for a "positive/noble" reason? For example, if we were to see a commercial on how corrupt corporations are poisioning our planet and we were to become angry about it, what does the Lord say to do?

• 137 posts
    April 4, 2016 1:35 PM EDT

“Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger” (Ephesians 4:26).

• 67 posts
    April 4, 2016 3:21 PM EDT

So... I take that to mean it's fine to be angry but try not to let it influence you to do evil acts and try to regain a sense of calm and happiness as soon as you can? 

• 275 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:28 PM EDT

I believe that's the case, Tyler. As humans, we all have "buttons" that can get pushed and that initial flare of anger is not something we can really stop. What we do with it, and how we feed it, though, is a different thing.

[blockquote]Tyler Velau said:

So... I take that to mean it's fine to be angry but try not to let it influence you to do evil acts and try to regain a sense of calm and happiness as soon as you can? 

[/blockquote]

• 67 posts
    April 4, 2016 7:46 PM EDT

Well, that leads to a further question, for instance, what if we're angry about some injustice and want to use that anger to initiate a positive change? 

• 275 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:08 PM EDT

Sure thing, there is definitely righteous anger. I believe that even that though, has to be implemented with intentionality and control. Even if the cause is righteous, if it's implemented with rage, it would not go well.

[blockquote]Tyler Velau said:

Well, that leads to a further question, for instance, what if we're angry about some injustice and want to use that anger to initiate a positive change? 

[/blockquote]