And some are tough, although,

Perhaps the hardest part of love

Is somehow letting go.

By:  Annie Beckerle

March 14, 1998

This post was edited by Annie Beckerle at December 27, 2015 4:18 PM EST
    • 23 posts
    December 28, 2015 12:02 PM EST

This was so beautiful Annie, thank you so much for sharing this with us. This year was our first year without my Mammy, she was my Mom's mother and she was like a second Moma to me. We were blessed to always have her in our life. She was 90 when she went home to be with Jesus, I am so thankful that she doesn't suffer anymore and I know that she is resting in heaven in The Arms of Jesus and that she is happy, but it was truly hard going through this beautiful season without her, she so loved this time of year, when all of her family came together, but I know in my heart that she wouldn't want to come back to this earth in so much pain and I wouldn't want her to be in pain either, but oh I miss her so. Again thank you for sharing this, I can't even imagine what Mary felt that day, even though she knew the reason behind why Jesus had to die on the cross, I can't imagine her having to let her Son go and die for a sinful world, but her love for Him was so great that she I believed, loved us like that too. Because she knew that in the end, that many many souls would be saved, oh how amazing Mary was. God bless you for sharing this beautiful and heartfelt poem. Love and Hugs. Tamara

• 8 posts
    December 29, 2015 6:21 PM EST
    Thank you, Tamara. I am sorry for your loss. The origin of this poem is that it was written for the family of a 14-year-old boy who was dying of cancer. I wrote it for his parents and his two brothers, one older, one younger. I'm glad that it touched you.
    • 23 posts
    December 29, 2015 9:30 PM EST

I looked back at the poem and seen the date. I know you blessed this family so much. You truly did bless me. Love and Hugs.

• 3 posts
    January 27, 2016 5:28 AM EST
    My Mom. Died of lung cancer just over a year ago in December. Still missing her. Wonderful poem. Thanks for sharing it.
    • 23 posts
    February 3, 2016 8:52 AM EST
    Thank you for a beautiful poem. I know in earthly terms what Mary felt like to lose a son. Even though it's been 10 years, the scar in my heart healed better when I turned to Jesus for understanding with despair of losing my son.
    Thank you again for sharing.