Forums » Testimonies

Testimony of the Holy Spirirt

• 3 posts
    September 26, 2016 3:20 PM EDT

This is my story of how the Holy Spirit came and changed my life.

It started when I was saved , baptized in water and then baptism of fire from the Holy Spirit ( I mean fire I was burning up ). Next thing I hear is pick up your cross and follow me, I said yes and after that everything broke loose.

I was a meat cutter in a grocery store , I worked by my self back behind a tall cooler case ( a small area with a band saw and cutting table, scale etc. One day while I was working cutting meat , The Holy Spirit fell on me , I was seeing open visions and he was talking to me showing me things to come and how they would fall into place. I kept cutting meat with sharp knives and band saw while all this was going on ( felt like I was on auto piliot ). I am watching and listening to all this stuff going on, I could smell fresh baked cookies , there was a lady close to me working in the deli and I asked her are you baking cookies , she said NO. The smell was wonderful ( they say his presence is that of a sweet incense ).

My dad had gotten news that he had lung cancer , It was so far along that there was nothing they could for him, They give him 6 months to live. Now my dad was not saved and not a Christian , he was a alcoholic. He took the news fairly well and knew he didn't have long to live.In my vision God wanted my dad saved and It was my job to tell my dad about the Lord. I started calling him and talking to him about God and told him how much he loved him, this didn't really phase him much. I called him other times and everytime talked more and more about God and how he wanted my dad in heaven. I asked my dad if there was anytime in his life that he encountered God ( he had never really gone to church and I didn't know if he even beleived ). He told me when he was young they would go to the tent revival meetings.

As time passed , I seen his heart change from being hardened to becoming more soft and loving. At one point he went and told everyone he loved them and was sorry for the things he did wrong in his life.The day came when I got the call that my dad didn't have long and to come and see him. In about that same time frame , I was woke onenight and heard audible voice that said " Chris you have a job to do ". wow I thought that is nothing like I have heard before. Also in a dream God showed me that my dad had gotten down on his knees ( meaning that he was submitting to God ).

I rushed to be by the side of my dad in his last days and I knew I still had a job to do. When I got there all of my family was there gathered around my dad, he was home in his bed with hospice taking care of him at home. After seeing my dad on his death bed , I called all the family in around the bed and said we needed to pray for dad. I lead the prayer and the glory of the Lord fell in that room ( I mean everyone their felt his presence ). I lead my dad to Jesus Christ , he gave his heart right there and asked Jesus into his life. My mom who was not saved either jumped up on the bed and was telling my dad that Jesus loves him. Later after that everyone one there in the room started going to church.

So I was with him until the end , reading the bible to him giving him verses. There was times when it seemed like he was really out of it and I could see his eyes moving around , like something going on, I asked" what are you was seeing". I believe God was showing him his life ( like in play back mode ) . He told me it was like watching a movie of his life.

The night he passed ( it was like 3 in the morn. ) I felt a breeze going up my arm and across my face and I knew he had passed and was beeing taken to heaven. Later my sister came and told me he was gone and I said " I know ".

To me it is amazing to me that people can live their lives without Jesus with their own free will, but God still chases us , he still loves us right up to the end. My mom passed not much longer after him ( I think she really missed him ). I got to be by her side also , reading verses out of the bible and praying. I know they are in God's hands now.

• 3 posts
    September 26, 2016 4:08 PM EDT

Wow Chris thank you for sharing this awesome testimony!

• 275 posts
    September 27, 2016 8:13 AM EDT

What a beautiful and awesome testimony, Chris, thank you so much for sharing it <3!

• 137 posts
    September 27, 2016 8:17 AM EDT

Great testimony Chris! God's love always amazes me. When they nailed Jesus to the cross He said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." We can ignore Him our entire life, but then He still is there for us on our death bed. That is merciful. I was by my Dad's bedside when he passed on. There is nothing quite like that. Thank you for sharing.

• September 29, 2016 1:02 PM EDT

The Grace of God is beyond measure. Thanks Chris for sharing this testimony, it will help me in facing my mother's cancer fight.

• 23 posts
    October 2, 2016 7:36 AM EDT
    Thank you Chris for sharing this testimony.....reminds me of my dad when he passed a few years ago because he accepted Christ a couple days before he passed and I will never forget how the Holy Spirit brought him peace during his final hours.....